December 2015 Moms
Options

Healthy food ideas!

good morning! I tried the search function but didn't have luck.
I really have been bad about what I eat...seems baby girl wants mostly junk food!
Can you ladies share some recipes and ideas to bring to my work desk? I have a toddler so my hands are full already with him and a full time job- would love some ideas that are simple and easy but full of protein and are healthy!

Re: Healthy food ideas!

• Options
    Apple slices and peanut butter has been my go to when I'm craving sweets!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Whole Foods website for healthy recipes and they have a lot that are super easy.

https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-granola-bars
    This is one I made recently which came out great.
  • Options
    Sliced avacado and cherry tomatoes tossed in a bit of newmans own olive oil and vinegar dressing.
  • Options
    I have a can of almonds in my desk at work. They're yummy!
  • Options
    Hummus with veggies (carrots, celery, or bell peppers), trail mix ( I make my own so I can control what's in it), smoothies, etc.

Try looking up ideas on Pinterest, it has everything!
  • Options
    for super easy healthy work lunches:
    individual packaged minute rice (brown w/ wild rice) and a frozen single serve veggie (I do this about once a week- no prep!)
    package of tuna w/ an avocado and handful of cherry tomatoes (no prep!)
    I usually will buy some chicken breast on Sunday and cook 1 or 2 (I use a george forman grill, but baking them or stove top would be same) and then I cut up the chicken and put it in the fridge and use for salads throughout the week. 
    I always double one recipe per week and DH and I take the leftovers for our lunch the next day 

I also stocked my fridge at work with snacks - carrots, hummus, snap peas, cheese sticks, mixed nuts, and I usually bring some fruit each week that will last me the week at work. 
  • Options
    bake Kale so you are making Kale chips, I snack on fresh veggies and fruit throughout the day, a cup of wholemilk (has sugars but it's natural so that might satisfy a craving), roasted seaweed snacks, trying to think what else I do! thats a good start :) 
    now that' it's fall I love making an apple crisp (I always modify recipes- so way less sugar and more spices) 
  • Options
    Work snacks that I just started brining was sliced bell peppers and a hummus pack or a guac pack.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like cooking light for baked goods and easy dinner recipes. I just use the website I don't order the magazine. I really like their pumpkin cranberry muffins: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-cranberry-muffins as a sweet fall treat. The website isn't all "health recipes" but are healthier (they are typically lower in fat, calories and salt).