November 2015 Moms
Options

Hip dislocation during delivery with first and severe hip pain during 2nd pregnancy?

MjsternMjstern member
edited August 2015 in November 2015 Moms
during delivery of my first my hip dislocated and popped back in on its own. I'm 30 was and 4 days with my 2nd and in horrendous pain. Been going to PT but doesn't seem to be helping much. Anyone else experience this or have a dislocation during delivery?

Re: Hip dislocation during delivery with first and severe hip pain during 2nd pregnancy?

• Options
    No experience here, but it happened to my mom with me, though. I seem to have inherited her bad hips, too, because hip pain has been my #1 complaint so far. I would talk to your OB, and considering your history they might have you see a PT or something. Hope you get some relief soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sitting waiting for the chiropractor right now. My hips weren't dislocated but out of alignment, it is the only thing that's helped with the hip pain.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been going to a PT for a month but it doesn't seem to be doing much...... I'll have to look into a chiropractor. Any tips on sleeping positions or pillows you've used?
  • Options
    This is probably with the loosening ligaments too, which is why I am having so much knee problems.
  • Options
    Any way you may have had developmental hip dysplasia as a kid that was missed? Maybe you should see an Ortho after you deliver. Just a thought. I've had left hip pain but it's improved now that I'm not running. Chiro couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    I also am in your shoes walking the same path. And it's horrible dull aching pain. I've been using tiger balm and it has been helping a lot. (My dr approved) I also tore a inner groin muscle while giving birth and it was like hell trying to recover with the combo. Good luck. I hope this time is a little eaiser on us :/
  • Options
    @peachesnpearls - no hip problems at all before pregnancy or really until giving birth. Seeing an ortho is a good idea. Thank you :)

@Motomama67 - yes, a constant dull aching pain! Not nerve pain at all just muscular and it's awful. Brings me to tears some days. I'll try the tiger balm. Have they mentioned to you about having it dislocate during delivery again? My OB and physical therapist said its very likely and I'll have to continue PT after the baby's born.