Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Feel like I'm losing it before it's detectable :( (long post)

Hey girls. This may be a silly feeling to have, but I feel like I'm losing pregnancies before they are even detectable on HPT's. I've had 3 very early losses (within days of positive HPT's) all last year, and all within 4-5 months of each other. It's now been 9 months since the last loss on Christmas. Since then, I've had some months where I swore I was pregnant. Yes, it could be hormones just doing bizarre things, but why would they? One month, I was nauseous more than I ever have been. It lasted for 4 weeks, and nothing. It carried on into my next cycle, and I just shrugged it off. This month, I woke up 5 dpo with crazy vertigo. I had period-like cramps very briefly (same day I woke up with vertigo), a lot of bloating that weekend, and since then some minor aches and pains in my lower sides. I've been dizzy randomly since then (over one week ago). It's starting to go away now, and my breasts aren't as sore as they were even a few days ago. I just would have sworn I was pregnant. And so at first I thought "okay, maybe not..." But now I'm thinking that there is a very real possibility that I'm getting pregnant and losing them before I can even detect them. I'm worried my progesterone may be dipping...and that's one of my thoughts for why I keep miscarrying so early. When I had the 3 losses, I was seeing my OB (who I have since fired). I have not yet been knowingly pregnant since I've been seeing my RE. We do progesterone tests every month to make sure I'm ovulating, and my numbers are "optimal for me." So...I guess that means "good for what my body can produce, but could be better?" My pro levels this cycle 7 dpo were 14.1. Not sure where that really puts me. Anyway, my fear is that it's good 1wpo, but maybe dips down shortly after, causing any implantation to not go further. :( I don't know what to do about this if it is the case. It's not like there's anyway to tell a full week before AF. They won't do blood work that early on a whim like that. Do I request to take progesterone supplements starting after 7dpo? Is that a dumb thing to ask for? Wouldn't it prolong getting my period? I'm just at a loss right now. I'm due for AF tomorrow, but I'm not even going to bother checking. I've already take some early HPT's, and my temp is starting to drop and symptoms are starting to subside. Ugh. :( What would you do if you had that gut feeling that you ARE getting pregnant, but it's not sticking long enough because of possible progesterone issues??

Re: Feel like I'm losing it before it's detectable :( (long post)

• Options
    Can't really give you a good answer other than you should really really discuss all if this with your RE. They need to know what u are feeling and thinking and maybe even suspecting. It won't hurt to have a team approach.
    Good luck÷
  • Options
    I agree with PP, these are all very good questions for your RE.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking here.  As the previous posters stated check with your RE.  Now I will add this, it could be your cycle has changed.  Since my MC all my symptoms that show up prior to getting AF have changed.  They are the exact same as pregnancy symptoms.  I get extreme  pregnancy symptoms before AF shows up.  I'm just starting to ignore them.  Maybe your cycle changed like that too?  I  have heard of this happening to several women on  here and other boards as well.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    @nerdymama15, I had considered that too. :( Which also gives me the fear that it somehow changed my ability to get pregnant. I know that sounds silly, but it's been 9 months since my last pregnancy where the others were just 4-5 months apart. Freaks me out.
  • Options
    I had exactly what @nerdymama15 mentioned.  I used to just bloat before AF and after the MC, I started getting pregnancy symptoms every month.  This month I had no symptoms and ended up pregnant.  Totally weird! 

They say if you are pregnant enough to have symptoms, you can turn a test.  Because (if I'm not mistaken) the hcg is responsible for both the symptoms and the BFP.

But it is always a good idea to discuss worries with your RE.  Good luck, and I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)