July 2015 Moms
Options

Need suggestions to keep LO upright after feeding

We usually hold him upright after feeding for 10-15 min, then put him in the boppy lounger, then in his crib. We want something besides the boppy lounger... With more support (firmer) and incline...

Anyone tried anything else?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Need suggestions to keep LO upright after feeding

• Options
    I use a Rock and Play. I love it!
  • Options
    Once he has decent neck control the bumbo is awesome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a fisher price rock and glider, has and incline chair and goes easily back if LO falls asleep in it so I don't even have to move her. Look it up, it's great!!
  • Options
    I love my mamaroo it's not completely upright but it has a pretty good incline.
  • Options
    I have a sleigh chair that we use. It's slanted down and keeps her upright a little. I wish I remembered what it was called!
  • Options
    ^^is it the day dreamer sleeper?
    My friend had that one (from babies r us) she loved it.
  • Options
    I literally have no idea what is called. We had it from Kal.
  • Options
    Rock and play is a life saver in my house. He has reflux pretty bad. He hasn't used his bassinet at all. He sleeps in his rock and play.
  • Options
    Agree with most of the pp...rock n play! Also use the mamaroo a lot. It has an adjustable incline, infant insert and toys for baby to look at. Also with different sounds to listen to. My LO usually puts himself to sleep in there after 10 to 15 min.
  • Options
    I have a Graco swing with an adjustable incline on the seat.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    Bouncy seat or swing would work
  • Options
    For you ladies with the mamaroo, do you let LO sleep in there over night? My baby boy sleeps in his bassinet but I'm convinced he's super uncomfortable. He makes a ton of noise and he's so gassy.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't let LO sleep in the mamaroo overnight, but that's just me. My DS2 always seems to wiggle to the bottom of it, even if he is napping in it and the buckle is fastened. I'd be afraid he'd wiggle into some odd position or something!
  • Options
    bpope189bpope189 member
    edited September 2015
    My baby has severe acid reflux and we have no choice but to leave her in her mamaroo overnight (with her dad sleeping close by of course). The only problem is that she kinda slides down it and her feet hang off (she's a long baby at 21.5 inches long). If you don't want to deal with that then we also have a rock n play that she loves. A LIFESAVER is a Moby Wrap, which we put her in when she doesn't want to be put down (it keeps her body straight up and it leaves us hands free!) Also my doctor told me to leave her sitting up/inclined for at least 45 mins after feeding. But again, my daughter has severe acid reflux. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thanks to all for your input and suggestions. I wanted to buy a rock n play but DH was against it as he said it's not enough support for his back.

I tried my baby k'tan carrier today and LO screamed bloody murder... Will give it another try later on... Although he has grown quite a bit and I'm wondering if the size small is too small now...

So holding him for now, which I don't mind during the day when I'm awake and coherent, but in the MOTN it gets pretty rough... Especially when he cries when I try to sit :/

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17