1st Trimester
Options

Is this normal?

Hey lady's this is my first baby and I've been worrying about every little thing but the past week I've been getting this pinching pain below my belly button mild not bad pain but shortly after that I get cramps. Period like cramps and it worries me, I'm only 4 weeks and 2 days today and I was wondering if this is normal? Thank you! (:

Re: Is this normal?

• Options
    Every woman's body is different. I remember cramping too...it could be as minor as your uterus stretching. If you are really concerned, put in a call to your OB. Good luck!

• Options
    1) get a good pregnancy book. It will help you know what is normal and what should be report to the Dr.
    2) cramping, pinching, pulling, and pressure are all normal in pregnancy. Your uterus has to grow too.
    3) however pain below your belly button is you, not your uterus. Therefore this really has nothing to do with pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both! And it's not exactly right below my belly button more in between my belly button and pubic bone.
  • Options
    At 4 weeks, you ute has not really changed in size. It is tucked behind the pelvic bone until 12 weeks.
  • Options
    My cramps were so bad I swore I was about to start my period, but then got a positive pregnancy test! I cramped for about a week or so after that...I'm sure it's very normal that early on...and now I'm 12 weeks so it turned out ok for me :)
  • Options
    That's great to hear (: I'm happy for you! At least now I won't worry myself as much.