July 2015 Moms

Started Bleeding again

I'm 7 weeks PP tomorrow and started bleeding again yesterday. I'm EBF and on the mini pill. My doctor said I probably won't get a period and that I would probably know if I did because there are typically cramps with the first one (she said it's typically a horrible period). Has anyone else completely stopped bleeding and then started up again? Not super heavy, but definitely more than spotting...

Re: Started Bleeding again

• This sounds like me. I am on mini pill got my period 8 weeks pp. it looks like old blood mostly but def. need a tampon or pad. I would say it is your period. If it doesn't go away within a week maybe talk to your dr. But sometimes unfortunately breatfeeding doesn't keep a period at bay.
  • I am EBF also & 5 weeks PP. I'm still bleeding & never stopped. Sometimes red, pinkish, or old blood brownish. I have not started any birth control yet, so not sure if it's still just PP bleeding or a period? :-??
  • Loading the player...
  • Same with me. Breastfeeding and started the mini pill last Sunday, 7 weeks pp. the dr actually told me that taking the mini pill can cause you to get a period so I'm thinking that's what it is
  • My dr said spotting is normal after you start the pill. I started bleeding but it's much too light to be my period.
  • Thanks ladies!! I will definitely call the doctor if it starts to get super heavy and/or lasts longer than a week... Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • ecloho said:

I am EBF also & 5 weeks PP. I'm still bleeding & never stopped. Sometimes red, pinkish, or old blood brownish. I have not started any birth control yet, so not sure if it's still just PP bleeding or a period? :-??

This is the same as me except that I started the mini pill last week. It's definitely strange - bleeding/discharge in differing amounts day by day.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• For those that have been cleared for sex, do you use a tampon now for the bleeding? I'm sick of feeling like I'm 13 wearing a pad!
  • I started bleeding again at 7 weeks as well it lasted about 1 week I just thought it was a normal period. I do not breast feed (my milk never came in) and I am not on any pills. My doctor had told me that as long as my bleeding wasn't heavy or clotting it was normal :)
    Congrats on your little one!!!