December 2015 Moms
Options

Weird things happening in my house...

So we bought this house last January and we are totally in love with this place! Soon after we moved in and got settled is when I found out I was pregnant. (March 31 to be exact) also soon after I found out I was pregnant I started noticing weird things happening. Like for instance, walking into the dining room and all of the chairs being tipped over to lean against the walls. (That's happens a few times) doors closing by themselves. Cabinets opening and closing by themselves. I was totally freaked out at first. I woke up last night to a very strong smell like really heavy perfume. When I sat up in the bed I saw the nursery light was on... And then I saw the door slowly close!!! So I got up and went in the room and nothing was out of order but I was totally freaked out again! The perfume smell was so strong in there. I know I sound crazy but I have to share this since my husband thinks I'm insane lol!

Re: Weird things happening in my house...

• Options
    This sounds like the start of Paranormal Activity.
    Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe it was a dream? I have had some crazy pregnancy dreams!
  • Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited August 2015
    I doubt OP is serious.
    But, if anything remotely odd happened in my house I would probably just set it on fire. Lol

ETA I found out I was pregnant the exact same day, right before a dentist appointment.
  • Options
    Nah I believe OP, a lot of crazy stuff happens that we can't comprehend. 
    But still- sack that burn the house down :))
  • Options
    I have had much more paranormal experiences since becoming pregnant. We all have different beliefs, but I feel that being pregnant can make you more sensitive to these things. 99% of the time, it is nothing "evil" like it is portrayed to be in movies. There's nothing to be afraid of but I agree with finding a medium. It could be a spirit who is trying to get your attention. If it scaring you or bothering you, you can kindly ask it to leave. I hope everything calms down for you.
  • Options
    Yep, that gave me the chills. My parents house is haunted, so I understand! If it truly bothers you hire a priest.
  • Options
    breezypip said:

I agree!
  • Options
    On my last bump month board another woman had the same kinds of things happening in her house. She would update us every time something happened. It was freaky... She ended up moving before her baby arrived.
  • Options
    gillers07 said:

Ummm it's not made up drama. No I wasn't dreaming. Weird shit has been happening! To tell me I need a therapist? A little much. Just thought I would tell you guys my freaky experiences.

You said that your husband thinks you're insane, so my understanding is that he hasn't seen anything freaky?
    From what I've seen on shows like Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters you should not try to get rid of them yourself or try communicating with them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    They are pretty funny. I like the granny one and the beetle juice ones.. I've never really believed in ghosts or whatever and I've never had anything strange happen to me before we moved here. So I wanted to share!
  • Options
    gillers07 said:

So we bought this house last January and we are totally in love with this place! Soon after we moved in and got settled is when I found out I was pregnant. (March 31 to be exact) also soon after I found out I was pregnant I started noticing weird things happening. Like for instance, walking into the dining room and all of the chairs being tipped over to lean against the walls. (That's happens a few times) doors closing by themselves. Cabinets opening and closing by themselves. I was totally freaked out at first. I woke up last night to a very strong smell like really heavy perfume. When I sat up in the bed I saw the nursery light was on... And then I saw the door slowly close!!! So I got up and went in the room and nothing was out of order but I was totally freaked out again! The perfume smell was so strong in there. I know I sound crazy but I have to share this since my husband thinks I'm insane lol!

I suggested that you see a therapist because of the fact that you keep saying that you are "freaked out." Stress is not the best thing for anybody, let alone somebody pregnant. So I disagree with you that it's "a little bit much."
  • Options

gillers07 said:

I suggested that you see a therapist because of the fact that you keep saying that you are "freaked out." Stress is not the best thing for anybody, let alone somebody pregnant. So I disagree with you that it's "a little bit much."
    How is a therapist suppose to help if her house really is haunted?

• Options
    gillers07 said:
    Ummm it's not made up drama. No I wasn't dreaming. Weird shit has been happening! To tell me I need a therapist? A little much. Just thought I would tell you guys my freaky experiences.
    If it's truly bothering you, I'd seek the help of a priest for guidance.  

We just bought a house back in May and we've had a few weird things happen since moving in.  It was an estate sale and I don't know if the owners died in the home but there's only been a few subtle things.  DH doesn't believe in spirits or ghosts so he thinks it's all in my mind.  It may be but I do believe it's possible.

• Options
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/HAJ681GzPpas8/giphy.gif

Please tell me again how I can benefit from therapy.