Baby Names
Options

Suggestions for a boy

DH and I have yet to come up with a name for our son, due in November. For the most part we don't like each other's suggestions, which makes it pretty difficult, and baby name books have been no help (do people really name their kids things like Zorro and Thor?! Why are these in a book?!) so I'm thinking it's time to hear ideas from others. Maybe it'd give us some fresh ideas to consider. We have neither first nor middle names chosen, so suggestions for one or both would be appreciated.

To give you an idea of what we each like, he likes Noah, Samuel, Isaiah, Ethan, and Caleb. I like Elias, Nolan, Sawyer, Gavin, and Warren. Our last name is one syllable.

Re: Suggestions for a boy

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    edited August 2015
    You both have some great names. I really like all of your husband's names plus Elias and Gavin. The other names are ok.

Based on these, how about:
    Asher
    Calvin
    Dylan
    Gabriel
    Ian
    Miles
    Nathan or Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Owen
    Ryan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    queenwogqueenwog member
    edited August 2015
    I actually had Calvin on my list at first but took it off when it was confirmed we're having a boy; my gut says he's not a Calvin, unfortunately. I had Ethan on my list, too, but took it off when I found out it's in the top ten; I'm hoping for something that isn't mega-popular.

*Edited because words are hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It seems that your H likes biblical names. Are there any biblical names that you could get on board with?

Joel
    Ezra
    Isaac
    Elijah
    Micah
    Jonah
    Jacob
    Eli
    Seth
    Abram
  • Options
    When we were having a boy, we narrowed it down to:

Matthew
    James
    Brenden
    Owen
    Archer
    Evan
    Kellan

Some example of friends we have who have recently had boys:

Henry
    Lincoln
    Reed
    Isaac
    Desmond
    Thomas
    Kieran
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Elijah. Wyatt. Noah. Julian. Oliver. Jonah.
  • Options
    PP's have great ideas.
    I was just going to throw out there that We have a family friend named Thor. He's in his 50s. Not to mention maybe 5'9, 160. Definitely doesn't fit what you would think now that the Marvel movies are so popular. Or the Norse god really. :))
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH just 'fessed up that he likes Gavin--even tried to take credit for it!