November 2015 Moms
Options

Tattoos for your kids (for you NOT the kid!!)

(The tatto post got me thinking again)

I've been trying to think of a tatoo to get for my kiddos. Originally when I thought I was just having 2 kids I was going to get their lil foot print on me, just a smaller version. And then later get their first signature tattooed under it. I have three smaller tattoos, my biggest one is about 2in x 2in, and my husband isn't the biggest fan so I don't want to go too big, I also like to be able to cover them up if needed. Now that I am on my 4th I don't want to do the foot print idea and am trying to figure out what else to do. I thought of stars but not sure on that either.

Do you have a tat for your kids? What is it? If you don't and want to, what are you thinking?? I need ideas

Post pics if you do!! (Or of what you're thinking)

Re: Tattoos for your kids (for you NOT the kid!!)

• Options
    I have one for my oldest, I have shade it in yet but its name and all the sports he played.. I waited into he has 10 to get it.. For DD I'm not sure..nor for LO..

Have an issue with pic posting!! :((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has a bunch of tats, and wants to get one for the kid to go with the tattoo he got on our first anniversary. We both have the LOVE statue, mine is with daffodils, and his has nautical stars. He wants to get the kid's name (with room for more) with some matching stars on the opposite shoulder blade.

I probably won't get another one, I'm pretty happy just having the one tattoo.
  • Options
    makeoutside7makeoutside7 member
    edited August 2015
    Hi,

I have 6 tattoos. A paper crane on my shoulder blade, a set of sparrows on each side of my chest, a heart on the back of my neck, a bow tie on my left wrist and "somewhere over the rainbow" on my right forearm. Other than the crane, they are all dainty and I plan on getting my baby's name tattooed on me somewhere. Maybe on my right wrist. The baby's name or something that symbolizes the baby is a good idea? I've always thought hand prints or footprints....or photographs of babies faces are kind creepy. Even if looks good on paper...the execution of it in black ink...always turns out to be not as good and probably way harder to cover. Hope you think of something perfect. Good luck!

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    I got the kids footprints and the quote in Latin that means "life is beautiful" on my hip to cover the couple stretch marks I got from them ;) plus their name and birthday. Now I have to fit #3 on there somewhere..since you're looking for something smaller maybe just the names and birthdays of each of your kids?
  • Options
    I am just getting baby's name and birth date between my shoulders.
  • Options
    I'm doing one for all the kids I'm going to have (we want 3 or 4 total) i was waiting to see what their personality was like and then picking out an animal that matches their personality but having the animal spell out their name.. I have only seen it done with a butterfly but I wanted to do something different because for my son because I don't think my little guy wants mommy to have a butterfly that has his name on it... I posted a picture of what the butterfly looks like but I want to do a different animal for each kid and have their birthday and maybe birth time and weight and length too depending on what animal I have chosen for them...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Since my soon-to-be daughter's name is a plant I'm getting it tattooed eventually. :) I like images/symbols and already have a lot of words on my body.
  • Options
    You could get all their birth month flowers. I have a huge hibiscus piece down my side and I love it. And you can cover that are easily. I plan on starting my thee arm and doing something that has to do with my kiddo. I'll save room for a second if I have another. I already have a ton of flowers so I'm undecided on what to get for her.
  • Options

I got the kids footprints and the quote in Latin that means "life is beautiful" on my hip to cover the couple stretch marks I got from them ;) plus their name and birthday. Now I have to fit #3 on there somewhere..since you're looking for something smaller maybe just the names and birthdays of each of your kids?

I have "la vida Es Bella" tattooed under my boob. You da bomb girl...

I have a pocket watch tattoo with the time DS was born.
  • Options
    @justdoit93 - You know that quote is in French, not Latin, right?
  • Options
    I have a big and little turtle on my ribs. There's room for more but it's a pretty big piece to begin with. I do plan on adding another turtle once LO arrives. I am also thinking of a motherhood tattoo or an infinity symbol with my children's names. That I won't do until I know I am done having children. You can do something like that if you want to keep it small. Check out Pinterest for ideas.
  • Options
    flasflas member
    I have my first sons initials on my right arm. I haven't been able to afford to put my daughters initials on my left arm. Then there is the dilemma of where the hell do I put the new baby's initials? I don't have 3 arms!
  • Options
    I have kiddo1.0's first initial behind my left ear. I'll be doing the same for this nugget. When finances allow I also have one of DS's drawings put aside to have inked as a rib piece, and will probably plan for that with the new tiny person too. And at some point I'll get Mjolnir (Norse, not Marvel...) inked somewhere on my person as DH is a viking and a blacksmith so Thor's hammer seems appropriate.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM so I don't have any tattoos for children yet (obviously). I had always planned to get the baby's birthday tattooed in Roman numerals, but this post has me thinking I should wait until I'm definitely finished having children.
  • Options
    I have my daughters name on my collarbone.
    I'm not sure to have my sons name under it or on the other side. :/ his name is shorter so much just put it under.
  • Options
    I have stars on my shoulder, they are colored the birthstone color of my brother, my mom, my dad, and my husband. Will be adding one for my daughter and this baby. To everyone they are stars, but to me the colors on them mean something!
  • Options
    RaisingJulianRaisingJulian member
    edited August 2015
    My mom has mine and my brothers name tattooed on her wrists in cursive my name has a butterfly on it and since my brothers name is Raul the R is fairly large and looks nice on its own while my.A looker like it needed some help. I'll try and post pics later. My stepdad has my brothers face on his chest lol and him and my mom both have my sons name in block letters (mom on her chest stepdad on his arm) I think they are cute.

Edited to mention that I don't have tattoos cuz I'm a chicken shit even though my whole family has a crap ton.
  • Options
    Gapeach83Gapeach83 member
    edited August 2015
    Been planning mine for 5yrs lol. I want to do cartoon style on my calf I plan of going bigger the whole calf will be for my kids. DD1 a monkey that was what we called her. Her nursery was monkey and she is a climbing monkey. DD2 nickname monster so we are going with a monster Inc. Style monster but unique for her. Not sure what for this one yet I will see when he gets a bit bigger. Their names will be with under each thing.
  • Options
    I have 4 tattoos only. 2 are my two eldest kids names. Their names are on each side of my right foot. Then after my fourth baby arrives I'm planning on putting my third and my fourth babies names on each side of my left foot. I got them when my son was 2 and daughter was 4 months old. I was 20 and I'm 24 now. Then I have a cross on the inside of my finger and a rose on my upper right back. I want so many more tattoos. After years have passed I've been obsessed.
  • Options
    Here's the one of my name she has
  • Options
    I am planning to get LO's birth date in roman numerals on my ribs. 
  • Options
    pink*sheeppink*sheep member
    edited August 2015
    tayzav said:

You could get all their birth month flowers. I have a huge hibiscus piece down my side and I love it. And you can cover that are easily. I plan on starting my thee arm and doing something that has to do with my kiddo. I'll save room for a second if I have another. I already have a ton of flowers so I'm undecided on what to get for her.

This is what I have on my side (DS birth month flower). In the same piece is my birth month flower and my mom's, as well as the state flower from where I'm from. I'll be adding dd's flower and the one from the edd birth month flower of the LO that I lost during my mc. Although I'm torn between using the flower from the month of the mc instead...
  • Options
    I really love this thread! I have always wanted tattoos for my kids (when we're done) but I can't think of anything perfect. You ladies have some great ink and I'm feeling really inspired to get drawing soon!
  • Options
    My mom has a cherry blossom branch that wraps around her arm shoulder and back so she can keep adding to it. It has our names right now and shell be putting the grand babies names in it.
  • Options
    I'm going to get the tree of life on my back with both kids' names and their birth dates
  • Options
    I've been thinking about getting stars for my babies in their birthstone colors.  This baby boy will be October or November, DD is December, and my 2 losses were due June and August.  Maybe with a small pink center or outline on DD's and blue to this baby's star.

I have 2 tattoos already (one on my back from when I was 21yo, one on my inside heel from when I was 31yo).  I'll be 40 next year, so 41 would be a good age to get my baby stars...probably on the inside of one wrist or forearm.  By then DH and I should definitely have ruled out any more.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!! I'm loving the flower one. Now I just have to look up their flowers and make sure I like them :)
  • Options
    Lurker here!

Loving the tats ladies, I'm a bit of an ink addict myself, so I had to chime in :)

This is my tat for my daughter, I'm oad so the size of it is perfect for me. As for the crappy Chinese symbol, I'm having that lasered and covered with a Rose with Holly sprigs.
  • Options
    I got this mother-daughter tat on my foot 2 years ago for both my girls. With this LO as a total surprise, I will add her name probably around the flowers & have them brighten up the purple for me, which has faded some since this pic was taken
  • Options
    I have yet to give this baby a nickname but my 1st daughter is nicknamed "Noodle" so for her I plan on getting a bracelet tattoo. It will have a regular pasta noodle as the string or band and a bow tie noodle in the center as the charm.