Double stroller — The Bump
January 2016 Moms

Double stroller

I'm just wondering if anyone has a double stroller and if so what kind and would you recommend it? My kids will be 13 months apart so need something for a car seat and for a toddler.

Re: Double stroller

• There have been some posts on this already, you can probably search and get some good ideas of what people recommend. I had the Britax B Ready with mine and LOVED it!
    BrieJolly
  • I would like more people's input on double strollers too.. My plan was to wait and see if I needed one, but with this Bob sale going on, I've been thinking a lot about it. My son will be almost 3 when baby is here and I plan on wearing the baby a lot for the first 6 months.

OP I hear good things about the City Select.
  • Hi Ladies, so I wanna get the snap n go double stroller I heard it's highly recommended for multiples but I need to buy the infant car seat. Do any of you know if either of these two model car seats (XL/LX) versions works well with the snap n go stroller? And which you would recommend buying?

1: Evenflo Embrace LX
    2: Graco SnugRide Cluck Connect 30XL

Thanks FTM
  • It depends widely on what your needs are. We need a true all terrain stroller because we are constantly on trails, beaches, gravel, snow etc. For us, the contenders are the Bob duallie and the Thule urban glide double. The bob has mixed reviews because there is no support bar between the seats, which can cause them to lean into each other if the babies are different weights. The bumble ride indie twin gets an honourable mention, but it doesn't have the inches of plush suspension that the bob and Thule do, which makes it a little less desirable to me.

For someone who has a less active/more urban lifestyle, the City select GT double is apparently amazing as a side by side stroller. For. A stadium style seating double, I've read that the uppababy vista and britax b ready both out preform the city select because of the way the seats distribute the weight of the children. The bugaboo donkey is another well loved option, but you're looking at almost $1500 for a stroller.

All of the strollers I mentioned have car seat adapters.

lwebley
  • Hi Ladies, so I wanna get the snap n go double stroller I heard it's highly recommended for multiples but I need to buy the infant car seat. Do any of you know if either of these two model car seats (XL/LX) versions works well with the snap n go stroller? And which you would recommend buying?

1: Evenflo Embrace LX
    2: Graco SnugRide Cluck Connect 30XL

Thanks FTM

I am not familiar with these particular seats but I just wanted to add that since your expecting multiples to ensure that you choose a seat that has low weight and height options. (Some seats are much better for preemies/smaller babies than others). If you can, check out the car seats for littles page on fb. They will be able to help you find the best seat and probably give advice on a snap and go.

Jessdub10
  • I'm thinking about getting a sit and stand stroller, Idk if that's what they're called. But my oldest will be 2 1/2, so she doesn't like sitting in a stroller anyway, but would be nice to have a place for her to ride without strapping her in.
  • lwebleylwebley
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer
    edited August 2015
    holocene said:

It depends widely on what your needs are. We need a true all terrain stroller because we are constantly on trails, beaches, gravel, snow etc. For us, the contenders are the Bob duallie and the Thule urban glide double. The bob has mixed reviews because there is no support bar between the seats, which can cause them to lean into each other if the babies are different weights. The bumble ride indie twin gets an honourable mention, but it doesn't have the inches of plush suspension that the bob and Thule do, which makes it a little less desirable to me.

For someone who has a less active/more urban lifestyle, the City select GT double is apparently amazing as a side by side stroller. For. A stadium style seating double, I've read that the uppababy vista and britax b ready both out preform the city select because of the way the seats distribute the weight of the children. The bugaboo donkey is another well loved option, but you're looking at almost $1500 for a stroller.

All of the strollers I mentioned have car seat adapters.

We are looking into side by side strollers but we already have a city select. It is very similar to the vista but we preferex it because the seats are the same size as opposed to the vista where the front seat is smaller (less weight).

The city select is great in the city and on side walks but terrible on rough terrain. Although, it has by far the best storage underneath that any stroller I've seen!

We have a single BOB and love it too. We are torn between the double City mini GT and the bob flex dually.

Forgot to add my kids will be 20 months apart.
  • We are getting the City Mini GT double side by side. I have the single and an obsessed with it and the double fits between a standard doorway. Our kids will be 18m apart and I'm not really planning on using the double until May when the weather gets better. Until then I'll babywear and use my single.

Also I think tandem strollers are weird but that's just me.
  • My son will be 3.5 when baby arrives, so I didn't think I'd get a double stroller. I just so happened to be at Burlington Coat Factory the other day and saw I sit and stand on sale from $160 to $60. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I was going to get a glider board for my City Mini (love my city mini!) but it was $70 or so to get one, so I thought this would be a good option for us. He still needs to be contained sometimes even though he's fully capable of walking...following directions is sometimes a struggle, haha!
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016