April 2015 Moms
Options

BF baby, formula before bed?

Anyone try a bottle of formula before bed to get a little more sleep? LO is 20 weeks and still up constantly. I'm exhausted. I need to start introducing formula gradually anyways due to having to travel for work in a few weeks and I don't have a large enough freezer stash. Any suggestions on formula would be great!

Re: BF baby, formula before bed?

• Options
    Hello,
    I EBF except for the last feeding. My husband gives that feeding so that I can go to bed earlier and relax. My son is 4 months and I started doing this at 3 months. I chose SIMILAC ISOMIL bc I may breastmilk stash was depleted. When u breastfeed all the day n night it's so hard to pump- Anyway, he has not had any problems.
  • Options
    I've had breastfeeding problems from the very start - my production was never enough. My son did not gain healthy weight as he should have so I supplemented from 3 weeks onwards. I've been using Similac total comfort as advised by my Dr and he is very happy on it. It's really a great formula. I do still breastfeed but he is 70% on the Similac with no problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I EBF my twins but like you I started to get exhausted. So At around 3months we started making the bedtime feeding a bottle of my milk & then around 4months we switched it to similac sensitive formula to help save my freezer stash since I'm going back to work this week & don't know how pumping is gonna go. But before the formula they were sleeping about 8 hrs straight & now they're sleeping 11 hrs straight. Think it's a combo of their age & formula
  • Options
    I started giving my lo enfamil neuropro formula and at night or while traveling I was feeding him with ready to use neuropro gentlease bottle, it worked out best for my baby.