March 2016 Moms
Options

Hunch?

So I have about 4 more weeks until we know if it's a boy or girl but today at a consignment sale they had the cutest "little brother" onesies that I HAD to buy. With my DD I never looked at boy clothes...always girl...so hopefully my hunch is right...at least I have a friend having a little boy in November if my "hunch" turns our wrong...anyone else have hunches?

Re: Hunch?

• Options
    Based on my aversions, I'm saying girl.  This pregnancy I cannot do dessert and now peanut butter.  First two pregnancies I lived on chocolate peanut butter ice cream. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    My husband and I were convinced it would be a girl (based on every other living creature in our house besides him is female, even down to our stray mouse). However, ever since our first scan we have both caught ourselves constantly saying "he". Obviously we have zero idea which it is and would be happy with either. We just found it odd how we both suddenly switched to the "it's a boy" mindset.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have always had hunches/feelings about what sex I am having. So far I have been right with my prior 4. I usually have dreams that "tell" me, I know how crazy that sounds but it has been accurate. This is my 5th and I feel like this one is a boy but I won't find out until I get insurance. So far I have 3 girls and 1 boy.
  • Options
    I think this one is a boy.

But I was wrong with my hunches on my first two, so maybe that means it's a girl!

• Options
    I dreamed twins#
  • Options

I dreamed twins#

Have you had an ultrasound? That'd be cool though.
  • Options
    I keep wanting to call them "Him" but we have a little boy right now so we will see. I have exactly the same cravings and aversions as I did with my DS but I have this thought in the back of my head that its a girl. had a dream it was a girl a few days before I got a positive test. I will just be happy with a perfectly healthy baby. but it would be nice to be able to use all of DSs cloths I have packed away.

September march16 siggy Challenge
  • Options
    lindscnn1 said:

I dreamed twins#

Have you had an ultrasound? That'd be cool though.
    Monday at 3:20pm!!! My doctor is a little backwards...had my appt at 8w...didn't have any blood work or exam. Just had blood work today. US is on Monday and dr appt is 9/14
  • Options
    I think it's a boy because this pregnancy feels different than my last. Way more MS and I'm so freaking tired, but that may be because I'm entertaining my DD. My cravings are different too. Although I won't be all that shocked if they say it's a girl.
  • Options
    I've never even attempted to guess lol. As long as I have a healthy baby that's really all that matters to me. My daughter REALLY wants a sister. I guess having 4 brothers will do that! The fact that my 2 youngest (2 & 1) are boys would make having another boy extremely convenient because I wouldn't need any clothes. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    With ds I was convinced it was a boy. This time around I feel girl, but the feeling isn't as strong. Everybody keeps saying they think it's a girl because with ds I had no pregnancy symptoms and this time around I have had morning sickness and every other symptom in the book. I would be happy either way (though buying cute girl clothes appeals to me). We wouldn't raise a girl any differently than a boy so it is not a big deal either way.
  • Options
    I was sure I was having a boy last time, but found out at the 20 week ultrasound it was really a girl! I was shocked (not in a bad way, I just had to adjust what I'd been imagining).This time around I'm not evening trying to guess since clearly I can't trust any hunch I get!
    imageimage

• Options
    ck1986ck1986 member
    edited August 2015
    Boy! Everyone I've told has said "I think it's a boy",all the old wives tales point to boy, and the Chinese/Myan calendars both say boy! At this point I would be surprised if it was a girl :)
  • Options
    We got the Verifi test done and found out it was a girl. My hunch was a boy. Honestly, I talked to a few people and they said their best early indicator was the heart rate at the ultrasound. Ours was 172 and the wives' tale says either above 140 or 150 and it is probably a girl. Our Chinese calendar said a boy and all the other wives' tales said boy.
  • Options
    Boy. I've never had a "hunch" or anything to base a hunch on before, but after having both boy and girl, I'm pretty convinced. I'd be happy to be wrong though because I love a good surprise and I've got all the neutral stuff for either! :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FTM here! :) I had a dream my baby came out and looked like my nephew with 4 teeth! That was scary! But now I keep saying she she she! So I think I'm going to have a girl! And another pregnant girl at work said since I've been sick for the entire pregnancy that I probably will have a girl. I don't know but am excited to find out! My DH and I already came up with a name for a girl but have yet to think of a boy name! lol
  • Options
    I have been referring to my wee one as a boy since day one, but now my mom is absolutely convinced I am having a girl. No reasons, just hunches. But that is half the fun!
  • Options

chime said:
    My husband and I were convinced it would be a girl (based on every other living creature in our house besides him is female, even down to our stray mouse). However, ever since our first scan we have both caught ourselves constantly saying "he". Obviously we have zero idea which it is and would be happy with either. We just found it odd how we both suddenly switched to the "it's a boy" mindset.
    Haha, my husband and I did, too! I think it's mainly because actually seeing the tiny fetus makes you want to identify with it as another human, and in English we always use "he" or "she" when talking about people.

As for me, I have NO hunches (FTM, and both our families have boys and girls born in them, so we have no idea) and I still find myself saying "he" a lot when discussing the baby. It's hard to say "it" or "he or she" since it sounds so awkward.

• Options
    I have had a hunch that it is a boy... and at my scan yesterday 13w5d there is def something sticking out... sadly in the UK they won't tell me until week 20 so 6 weeks to go
  • Options
    I have a feeling that it's a girl...from the food cravings, to all the old wives tales and the dreams that I have about "her"...I hope my hunch is right
  • Options
    I had two dreams DD was a boy, once before the anatomy scan and once after and she a girl! I was hoping for a girl then and I am again now!
  • Options
    With # 1 and 3 I was CERTAIN we were having a boy. With #2 I dreamed it was a boy... I have 3 adorable little girls.

I've dreamed about a boy this time, and we keep calling the baby he, but I'm not putting much stock in that... Because I'm clearly not a good judge of my hunches.
  • Options
    I really don't know. My Dh and dad swear it's and girl and claim "I just know!"
    We will find out around Halloween!!
  • Options
    I had a dream that I was pregnant a few days before i actually found out, so that proved to be true! A few nights ago I dreamt girl, so we'll see if I'm right again... in 10 more weeks! :((

Also, I have a "psychic" friend who also says girl so that's what I'm betting on lol
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited August 2015
    Everyone around me has hunches about my LO. My whole family thinks girl, MIL thinks girl, SIL thinks boy, DH thinks boy. I honestly have no clue and won't be finding out till he/she is born!!!

Edited for spelling

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    After working with special ed, I really just want a healthy baby. I'm too terrified to really want anything else. DH doesn't care either way but I think he's secretly hoping for a girl. Every time I accidentally say HE dh reminds me it could be a she but doesn't do that when I say SHE. My sis thinks it's a girl, and the few close friends I've told are also saying its a girl. I think it'd be funny if this baby decides to upset everyone by being a boy.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I dreamt at 6 weeks DS was a boy and I just knew after that and I was right! I didn't have any sickness at all. This pregnancy has been completely different. I threw up every day for weeks. I am finally feeling better but I have had any dreams or hunches with this pregnancy. I am going to do an elective sex scan at 15 weeks and we will confirm at our 20 week appointment.
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriend think it's a boy. We just seem to keep wanting to buy boy clothes. My nephew is 6 months old and so I got some of his clothes too. The big sister wants a little sister but I really think it's a boy. At first I didn't have any idea but lately I've been really convinced it's a boy.
  • Options
    smount2011smount2011 member
    edited August 2015
    I say girl. DD says girl. DH thinks girl. We all think it's a girl!!!

I really don't have any urges to pick up boy/girl clothes yet. But we did buy a receiving blanket :). We are just praying that we can find out what it's going to be at our next u/s! Seriously, me and exbf wanted to know when I was pregnant for DD, but she kept her legs crossed at the ultrasound! Our dr even gave us a late u/s and her legs were crossed then too!!!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DH and I both think girl. We have b/g twins so it's hard to judge by symptoms but I've been extremely sick and tired and haven't worn makeup in 3 months... (Girls steal your beauty they say) I know they're all wives tales but my daughter really wants a sister. My first and only dream was a boy. Still undecided about finding out.
  • Options
    I feel like I am having another boy. I have 3 and I am having different pregnancy symptoms. To be honest I feel like my husband and I can't make girls lol I will know this week
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have any of yall done the baking soda test? I did it this morning and according to that we are having a boy. My husband already thought it is a boy. I can't wait to find out. I actually just found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm going to my confirmation appointment on Wednesday. This is my first :)
  • Options
    My pregnancy was so super easy with my son and this pregnancy has been constant morning sickness, disgusting pimples and super super tired. My mom is convinced it is a girl. Panorama says boy. ❤️
  • Options
    I'm convinced it's a girl. However, yesterday when I saw my hairdresser for the first time since I've Been pregnant, she hugged me hello and whispered in my ear "your pregnant, it's a boy"! I'm not even telling anyone yet!

I guess my boobs are really that much bigger!
  • Options
    Ssimps13 said:

Have any of yall done the baking soda test? I did it this morning and according to that we are having a boy. My husband already thought it is a boy. I can't wait to find out. I actually just found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm going to my confirmation appointment on Wednesday. This is my first :)

My baking soda test said girl
  • Options
    My hunch is girl. So far we have a boy, a girl, and another boy. I've been wrong every time (husband has been right every time). Chinese calendar has been right every time. Heartbeat has averaged 145 every time (including now). This time husband and I guessed the same, so either it's his first incorrect guess or my first correct one. But my hunch is based on the Shettles method (which we were *NOT* trying to do, just how timing worked out. My friend just used Shettles method "successfully" (coincidentally?) for a boy.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    I think we are having a girl. It's just a feeling! This is my first baby though so I don't have any past experiences to base it off of. 
  • Options
    Parker16772Parker16772 member
    edited August 2015
    I have no idea. Last time we both thought DS was a boy and we were right but this time I have no feeling.We praying for a healthy baby and would be excited for either (although secretly I do want a girl). I am excited to find out though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling its a boy...I have thought that since the day I found out I was pregnant. We shall see!
  • Options
    I have a feeling I'm having b/g twins. Hubby is hoping for 2 boys but I haven't been nearly as sick as with DS, so I'm confident at least one is a girl!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker