May 2015 Moms

Suddenly fussy

My baby is just over three months, was a very high maintenance new born who cried a lot but had mellowed out and things ha gotten a lot easier. Or so I thought. Now she's very fussy, cries way more than usual and hardly naps, and is up very often at night when she ha been sleeping 5 hour stretches. No fever or anything, still eating and pooping regularly and does still smile and play just not as often as usual. Can anyone relate

Re: Suddenly fussy

• Maybe it's growth spurt time? Teething?
  • they usually go through a growth spurt around 3 months . it usually only last about a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • HI there, I feel your pain with the high maintenance baby... are you nursing @SUNshin322?

• Yup.  Sounds exactly like my dd.  She went through about 6 days refusing naps, usually even if she was sleeping on me (she'd get maybe 10 minute snatches), and then being a bear all afternoon/evening.  Bedtimes were difficult because she was so overtired.  She did sleep well at night though.  Now she's back to napping (with mama lying down with her), but waking up for an hour or so in the middle of the night.  I'm sure it'll all work out soon though!
  • My son is the exact same, I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt or teething and that he'll eventually go back to sleeping and being my happy baby
  • Wonder week?