2nd Trimester

Energy

everyone told me once I hit the second trimester I'd get energy back. I did stop going to bed at 7 PM every night so I have that going for me. But I am tired all the time. Pre-pregnancy I worked out 6 days a week. Sometimes twice per day. Yesterday I ran for 35 minutes then rode on the riding mower for an hour in the evening. It's not like I push mowed or anything. This morning I was so exhausted after 9 hours of sleep that I couldn't physically make myself get out of bed. I'm almost 21 weeks so I'm well into second trimester. Where is my energy?? I'm eating a healthy well balanced diet. Fruits, non starchy veggies, lean proteins. I'm taking my prenatal and drinking plenty of water. Anyone else??

Re: Energy

• I never got my energy in my last pregnancy back, and this one actually feels worse in terms of energy. I find I am getting more tired everyday.

I'm jealous of the women who get their energy back! I'm not one of them :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! I got some of it back but it's like I am wearing down a little more every day. I want to work out so I keep up a little with my fitness. To make recovery easier after delivery. But I don't know how much longer I can keep it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was tired all of my 1st Trimester. Then was fine for the first week and a half of my Second, then I kust got tired again! I'm going on 24 weeks this coming Monday. So, I've only got lucky with an Energy burst from 21 weeks, to half of the 22nd week. @-) It is all part of making a cute little human! :)
  • Hi~
    Are you taking a Vit D supplement?  This helps BIG TIME with tiredness.... I started taking them before I got pregnant and I've always felt a big difference when I take them. Your body needs extra Vit D pregnant too.... Hope this helps! 
  • I am not taking an additional supplement. Just the prenatal. I'll ask my doc about that at my next apt.
  • I never got my energy, not with this pregnancy or my previous. I lacked the severe exhaustion of the first, but I still don't handle my 12 hr shifts like I used to. BLAH.
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker