2nd Trimester
Options

Funneling

I had my anatomy scan yesterday, and while Baby girl looks great and is measuring on track, they began to notice some funneling near the cervix. My cervix is still at a a great length, but they are sending me to a high risk to check it out/keep an eye on it. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've been high risk before due to gestational diabetes, but this is new ground for me.

DD 8.28.10
DD 3.15.13

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Funneling

• Options
    When I was pregnant with my twins I began shortening (cervix) and funneling at 16 weeks.

With the help of bedrest, progesterone, steroid shots and close monitoring with my OB I was still able to make it to 36 weeks (great gestation for twins) and had two perfectly healthy take home babies!

Mind you, I never had a cerclage and never saw a high risk doctor and things still worked out great for me. Also, the bedrest, steroids and progesterone were mainly for the short cervix...not so much the funneling. Funneling can also come and go. My ob couldn't believe her eyes when she checked me herself at 32 weeks and my funneling was completely gone and my cervix length went UP.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! This makes me feel so much better!

DD 8.28.10
    DD 3.15.13

Pregnancy Ticker