Trying to Get Pregnant

So frustrating!!!!!!!

Not sure where this belongs. Please if it belongs in a specific thread, place it where it belongs.

So I was SO excited because I was late starting. Well when I got off work this morning, I rushed to walmart to buy a 2 pack of PT. Rushed to the bathroom because I just couldn't wait to get home. Once I had opened the package and started to test , I notice that I did indeed start. So frustrating because i just knew that this was our month.

I've been charting, but wasn't for sure on my Temps because I work third shift and my sleep habits are never the same. So therefore, my Temps were all over the place.

Re: So frustrating!!!!!!!

• Sorry. I was SURE that last cycle was the cycle until AF showed.
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Do you use OPKs and chart your cm? That can help even if you can't temp regularly.
    It can take a healthy couple a year to get pregnant. I've been sure like that before... And not pregnant.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • TWW is good for this stuff. The same thing happened to me a few cycles ago. And this month is pretty bad as well.... freaking sucks.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Thanks ladies. And no I didn't use OPK. But I did chart my CM CP.
  • sorarosesorarose member
    edited August 2015
    **TW: CHILD MENTIONED**

I hear you with the temping fails. I am regularly woken up at night for DS, so it's hard to get 3 consecutive hours and always temp at the same time (I do it within a 1.5 hour window). OPKs with temping were a lifesaver. On CD30 (yes, I have very long cycles) I had a positive OPK. Next day, I had positive OPK, what felt like ovulation pain/cramps, bloating, gassiness, etc. combined with a huge drop in temp. I believe the positive OPK made me more hyper aware of what was going on in my body and not question such a significant drop in temp, which I would have questioned due to my erratic temp taking times.

I would definitely order some WONDFO OPKs. You won't be sorry! 

• At least you have tests for next cycle!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Girl, I hear ya. I've been feeling the same way this cycle...very hopeful, confident, I just "knew"...but apparently I don't "know" my body as well as I thought, lol. It can be very frustrating, & discouraging. 

Try your best to look forward & keep doing everything you've been doing to TTC this new cycle. 

In the mean time, wine helps. And it's Friday! :) 

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • I feel for you. This is how I came off of my last 2ww. I was incredibly disappointed. I'm going to drink a lot this weekend.
  • I haven't had that feeling quite yet that I was sure it was our month, so I can't relate on that so much, but I just told DH I got AF and he said bummer, he was kinda hoping we had hit a home run.  Boo......
  • I haven't felt that yet, but have felt the disappointment. I am still new on this journey and know I haven't tried that long or used all the options yet so that's why I have been ok with it. But it was hard when it seems like everyone in H's fam "get's pregnant the first time they tried". The more I learn about all this it blows my mind how the odds just seem in some people's favor!

H on the other hand was almost relieved when I told him. He wants a few more months of trying he said. He is intimidated at the though of being a parent (as am I) so thus far he is just enjoying the journey. 

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the support ladies. I let it get me down for just a few hours. FI and I went out for a nice dinner date. Took advantage of the situation and had a few beers. Here's to better luck next time.
  • Love the conversations, my hubby n I have been married since December of 2013 - been off pills since now since August 21st! Super excited to start this journey! Hoping for minimal complications and frustration, my first post to join the group and follow up on the chatter
  • Best of luck to you
  • Yuck!  Never fun.  DH and I go out for sushi on CD1.  It's become our sad little tradition.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Yuck!  Never fun.  DH and I go out for sushi on CD1.  It's become our sad little tradition.
    Tasty though! 

• Deeny14 said:
    Yuck!  Never fun.  DH and I go out for sushi on CD1.  It's become our sad little tradition.
    Tasty though! 
    And totally takes the sting of AF off...haha

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• As pitiful as it sounds, I kinda like the idea of a sad little tradition. Going out this evening sure took my mind of things, even if only for a brief moment.