March 2016 Moms

TMI.. Peeing when I throw up

Is anyone else having issues with throwing up and being unable to control their bladder at the same time? This doesn't happen all the time, typically just if I am having a very hard time throwing up. What can I do about this if anything? It has only happened at home but I am worried it'll happen in public. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I the only one?

Re: TMI.. Peeing when I throw up

• ecwkecwk member
    It must be to do with the pressure you are putting on your lower body when you heave. Maybe you could wear some type of liner until morning sickness subsides? Not fun, I know, but it wouldn't be for long. Don't forget to pee often too!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's happened to me. If it's a severe gag motion I tend to leak a little. Not a lot but enough for it to go through my underwear. :/ ahh the joys... I don't think there's much you can do but beg kegel exercises. But FYI my knowledge is limited as it comes second hand from friends that have had kids.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • The struggle is real my friend...

I had a really bad couple of days early where I also had the flu and I deliberately placed a towel under me... then put it straight in the wash
  • Yeah that'll happen. Ill second the wearing a pad suggestion. That will absorb the urine. I remember throwing up on your period is similar everything kind of evacuates.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Since I tend to wear running shorts around the house, when I know the throwing up is about to happen, I grab a wad of toilet paper and quickly stuff it into my panties. A little silly? Yes, but it works! If I was out in public a lot, if probably wear a pad...
  • So glad to hear I'm not alone with this! It's only happened a few times, but I started bawling when it did because I was so embarassed! Luckily it's only happened at home.
    Now I always try to pee when I start feeling a little queasy just in case. Not helpful for the times the gagging comes out of nowhere, but it's helped me a little!
  • I thought I was the only one with this problem. Thank you for this!!!!!
  • This same thing happened to me and I texted a mama friend because I feel like you can't get much lower than that! Realities of motherhood... :) 
  • Same thing happens to me! Even if I pee first! I do the toilet paper thing, too, and I also usually end up sobbing. :(
  • Oh I am exactly the same way!! Omg how embarrassing that one time I started crying because i had just put on my outfit for the day and it had been ruined! Lol so emotional! But yes I am starting to wear pads now just in case. My mom gave me the advice that even after the pregnancy you'll accidentally pee yourself at times.
  • Same here.  I'm so glad to know I'm not alone!  I violently throw up and pee at the same time.  Sometimes it's so much that there's some on the floor afterwards.  I cry.  Husband gets me water and new undies.  I feel better.
  • I say everyone treat themselves to new comfy undies (i personally like SOMA Intimates - so soft and pretty, and comfy! Plus not too expensive as they always have sales)

My mom told me it was the one thing she regretted not doing early in her pregnancies. So i tossed every pair not bought within a year, and am starting fresh! I found it makes the embarrassing not so fun having to pee ALL THE TIME AND THEN SOME not as bad. Plus dear hubby gets into it saying "oooh those are new. I like those!" Just saying...lots of perks!
  • I'm in the same boat!! I tried an alternative (sitting on the toilet and using a bucket to get sick in), but that put to much strain on my muscles and created more problems then it solved. I've started using a pad and that seems to help. So grateful to be having ababy but there really are some crappy side effects! Hang in there!!
  • I'm in the same boat but it includes sneezing too. The doctor told me to make sure I do at least 4 keegle exercises at every red light to make my pelvic floor stronger.
  • I have the same problem and its driving me cray cray
  • I just sit on the toilet while I puke into a bag. I have loads of emesis bags from the hospital. Still wear a pad all the time though, bc my allergies are kicking and sneezepee happens LOL

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • blips79 said:
    I'm in the same boat!! I tried an alternative (sitting on the toilet and using a bucket to get sick in), but that put to much strain on my muscles and created more problems then it solved. I've started using a pad and that seems to help. So grateful to be having ababy but there really are some crappy side effects! Hang in there!!
    I think I'd rather pee into a bucket???  hmmm.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • It happens to me everytime and I hate it ! It's so embarrassing but something that I can't control . So I only try eating what I know I can hold down especially when going out in public .
  • Endearingly called vissing (vomiting and pissing.) work those Kegals!