May 2015 Moms
Options

Rock N Play

Is anyone else still using the rock n okay for nighttime sleeping? I hadn't really given much thought to switching her out yet, we live in a one bedroom apartment so the next step we have is a pack n play. She sleeps through the night so easily I would hate to disrupt that. Talking to a friend today though she made me panic that she should be sleeping flat by now. Thoughts and advice??

Re: Rock N Play

• Options
    How old? I've struggled with sleep issues from day one with LO so I'm in the camp of if its working keep going until you can't. One day your LO will outgrow the rnp and you'll know its time. We stopped using it at 6 weeks because I don't work and dh does so I let him sleep at night during the week. My sister and brother used theirs up to 5 months I think.
  • Options
    I think you do what works best and don't worry what anyone else says. If she sleeps well in the Rock and Play, keep using it at night and try out the Pack and Play for naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 15 weeks and he is still in the rock n play. I've tried to transition him and it just hasn't worked yet. He wakes up about every 30 minutes but I've found if I turn him on his side he sleeps better.
  • Options
    My little guy is 14 weeks and still sleeps in the rock n play. It was a life saver for us and he usually sleeps 7 hours at night till he wants to nurse which is way better than sleeping on me or the hubby or in his bassinette for an hour. He loves sleeping on his belly but that scares me. We will try without the rock n play when he can roll on his tummy and the to his back. Then there will be no stopping us from sleeping on his belly if that's what he wants to do. I say if it works keep doing it
  • Options
    DS (13 weeks) still sleeps in the RnP at night, but we're probably going to switch him out into the PnP soon before he outgrows it, and I want to do that while I can still swaddle him.  

But we've always had him napping in his crib during the day, so he would be used to a flat surface too.  So maybe just start doing a few naps in the PnP and see how it goes.   
  • Options
    ditzy007ditzy007 member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks all! Now I feel much better. She sleeps usually at least 8 hours a night (I know it's crazy) so I feel like I don't want to mess with that lol. Ps she's 12 weeks. I know technically we should be in the June moms but she was ten days late so I feel part of the May moms group.
  • Options
    Ok one more stupid question. My PNP has the napper and the changing table attachments. If I were to remove the napper so she could sleep in the upper level (I think they refer to it as the bassinet?) must one remove the changing station as well. Or can little on sleep on the side/underneath it?
  • Options
    I kind of do a hybrid sleep plan. We've been putting him in the crib for bedtime (when he's really tired for the night). Sometimes he wakes up 1-2 times within a half hour but after that, he's out for a good 5 hours or so. After that, he has trouble going back down in the crib so I nurse him and put him in the RnP next to my bed. Where he sleeps the majority of the rest of the night. He also still takes naps in there but sometimes the crib as well. I've been wanting to stop using it completely because he favors one side of his head for resting in it but I just can't break the habit of him having glorious sleep! :/
  • Options
    ditzy007 said:
    Ok one more stupid question. My PNP has the napper and the changing table attachments. If I were to remove the napper so she could sleep in the upper level (I think they refer to it as the bassinet?) must one remove the changing station as well. Or can little on sleep on the side/underneath it?
    I'd remove it. Is there any reason you'd want to keep it attached?
  • Options
    I switched mine around 8 weeks since I was going back to work at 10 weeks I wanted to make sure they were comfortable sleeping on their back and not being propped up like they are in the rnp.  I started with naps and it took about 3 days of not so great napping for him to get the hang of it and then they both transitioned great and have slept great through the night.  Go with what you are comfortable with.  The only time I've heard of any issues is those that leave them in there until they are like 6 months (not sure mine would have even fit then) but some then have issues with their neck being turned to the side too much.  I think is clearly a very rare situation and you are far from that.  Good luck
  • Options
    ditzy007 said:

I personally would remove both. Although there would be space between the baby and the changing table, I would be nervous about baby rolling underneath it. I have a Graco PNP (not sure which version) with the napper and changing table & both came off the first day anyway as I thought they weren't well designed. They weren't level & my baby kept rolling to one side.
  • Options
    That's what I assumed. I just need to figure out a new changing area since that's all I've been using. Maybe on top of the dresser?
  • Options
    My LO is 15 weeks and still sleeping in the rock n play. She sleeps through the night but when we tried her crib she won't sleep longer than 20-30 minutes. She's very active so she moves a lot in her sleep so the open space is just to much for her, plus she's a side sleeper and is still to little to keep herself on her side. I plan on keeping her in there as long as I can!
  • Options
    We do changing on the top of her dresser! Works great and is perfect height