May 2015 Moms
Options

3 month old sleep pattern changing

My baby started daycare almost a month ago and recently turned 3 months. Before daycare and before he turned 3 months, he pretty much slept for at least 5-6 hours straight at night. Now he's getting almost 2 - 2 1/2 sleep at a time before he wakes up, then it will take a while for him to go back to sleep. I'm getting kind of frustrated  and its very hard getting him to sleep sometimes and staying sleep for at least 6 hours. Is this normal for babies to revert back to waking up more at night.....Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should try.

Re: 3 month old sleep pattern changing

• Options
    I've been trying to read other posts on this and from what I've gathered they do go through a bit of sleep regression around this age. I think it's only supposed to last a couple weeks though, but I'm not sure.
    My LO is 3 months and prior to now she was sleeping from 8/9 until 5/530 every night for weeks. This last week she's been waking up better 2-330 and won't go back to sleep /:
  • Options
    it could also be a growth spurt they usually go through one around 3 months . my LO just went through that where he went from sleeping up almost all night to up almost every hour and only taking power naps during the day ! hang in there it will pass !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo is 12 weeks the 28th and I've been up at 10:30, 1:45 and now 3:45. At one point in time in his life I was only up at 2&5. So whatever this nonsense is know you aren't alone.
  • Options

I hope it gets better. He went to sleep around 9:00p yesterday and woke up around 1:30am right after I got done pumping. Then went back to sleep around 2:00 am and woke up again around 4:00 am. At this point I nursed him and I think he went back to sleep around 4:30  to 5:00 am, because we normally get up around that time.  So it was a little better last night, he slept for 4 1/2 hours straight, I was hoping he would sleep 6 hours through. I guess you would say he slept 6 hours because he really didn't wake completely up between 1:30-2:00, I just rocked him until I thought be was back in deep sleep.

• Options
    My LO was a great sleeper since 3 weeks old, sleeping 8+hrs in her crib with no swaddle. Then this business started... I think we are over the worst of it, she is now sleeping 6 hr stretches, the getting up all night lasted about 10 days for us, so hang in there ladies. Oh and it got better once she started rolling over on her belly from her back, I guess she prefers to sleep that way, absolutely terrifying but we have an angel care monitor so it gives me some piece of mind.
  • Options
    For your sake and for mine I am hoping that this is a growth spurt. My LO used to sleep from 8pm until 6am, then would eat and sleep until 9am since he was 3 weeks old. It was glorious. Now ever since he turned 3 months on the 22nd he has been up every two hours like he was a newborn again. It's so exhausting.
  • Options

My LO was a great sleeper since 3 weeks old, sleeping 8+hrs in her crib with no swaddle. Then this business started... I think we are over the worst of it, she is now sleeping 6 hr stretches, the getting up all night lasted about 10 days for us, so hang in there ladies. Oh and it got better once she started rolling over on her belly from her back, I guess she prefers to sleep that way, absolutely terrifying but we have an angel care monitor so it gives me some piece of mind.

Did you feed her when she woke up? I'm worried I'm training ours to keep waking up bc nursing is the fastest way to get her back down.
  • Options

Did you feed her when she woke up? I'm worried I'm training ours to keep waking up bc nursing is the fastest way to get her back down.

I just left the pediatrician and she said unless it's been 3 hours or more don't nurse him back to sleep or he will just keep getting up because at 3 months they will start to make this connection.  She said if he isn't crying don't even go in the room and get myself some sleep.

• Options

I just left the pediatrician and she said unless it's been 3 hours or more don't nurse him back to sleep or he will just keep getting up because at 3 months they will start to make this connection.  She said if he isn't crying don't even go in the room and get myself some sleep.

Like pp said I would only nurse her if it had been 3 hrs which is usually when she was waking anyway. If she happened to wake up at like an hr or so I would rock her back to sleep. I would lay in bed and listen to her fuss hoping she would go back to sleep on her own but it only happened once in the 10 days.