High-Risk Pregnancy

Hospitalized 31 weeks low AFI

hey everyone, they determined 3 weeks ago I had low amniotic fluid 5-6 range and have been on 2x a week monitoring. Yesterday it was a 3 so they admitted me for iv fluids and gave my baby steroids in case she has to be delivered early. Very nervous something bad will happen to her. Anyone been through something similar and have encouragement? Thanks!

Re: Hospitalized 31 weeks low AFI

• I was admitted at 29 weeks with low fluid (2-5 depending on the day) and atypical pre-eclampsia. I had the steroid shots and magnesium for 24 hours. I had 2x daily NSTs and every other day Biophysical profile ultrasounds. Baby's tracings and ultrasounds were always reassuring. Baby was breech so we ended up having a c section at 36 weeks. She was born healthy and didn't require any NICU time. According to my high risk doctors, the biggest indicator of when to deliver is by the baby's NST tracings.
  • thank you @knwilliams01 very reassuring to hear the baby continued doing well for so long in such low fluid!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been hospitalized...yet, but mine was low on Friday, I went home and laid on my left side as much as I could and drank a bunch of water and it had gone up by two by Monday so it is possible! Hang in there, you two.