May 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy safe makeup

does anyone have plans to switch to pregnancy safe make up or has already been using a safe brand? I know what I'm using contains chemicals that aren't safe and wondering what brand others are using.

Re: Pregnancy safe makeup

• Options
    allishally13allishally13 member
    edited August 2015
    I was wondering the same thing! I'm thinking of switching once I figure out what's safe. Hopefully someone has some suggestions.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use younique and I am pretty sure most of it is safe. I will be looking further into that though
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been thinking about it but haven't switched or found anything yet. I switched my antiperspirant right away. No more aluminum... Natural deodorant only now for me. We'll see how it goes. Kind of nervous of the change. I don't want to sweaty and gross!
  • Options
    I found Honeybee Gardens has some great shades. Www.honeybeegardens.com
  • Options
    There are lots of great brands! *skin therapist here!*

100% Pure is great and I think can be found at some Wallgreens

Most of Physicians Forluma are pretty ok.

Rejuva Minerals & Costal Classics are great online stores.

Some Jane Iredale stuff is even pretty good (though very pricey!)

I use a combination of Pure Anada, Eminence Organics (both Canadian companies) and Primal Life Organics (for my foundation and deodorant).

I found the best tool for figuring out what kind of toxic load is in skin care and makeup was to get the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep app. You can scan product barcodes in the store and see how they rate! 0 = best, 10 = worst.

Hope that helps!!!
  • Options
    I have used all of 100% Pure's products for over a year now.  Everything they sell is amazing, seriously!  I love it so much and will continue to use it now that I'm pregnant.
  • Options
    The way I see it is, if it's not safe for baby, it shouldn't be used ever! Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably switch for good if I can find the right colors.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Great question! I don't wear a ton of makeup but have always been interested in safer brands. I have used physicians formula for foundation and liked it
  • Options
    Someone in my other group told me about an app called skin deep. Definitely check it out! I'm worried about this as well!
  • Options
    MamaBear211MamaBear211 member
    edited August 2015

I'm a licensed esthetician but was never told about the dangers of the stuff we put on our face and body! So while I was pregnant with my first I found out about the dangers of chemicals in beauty products and house cleaning products and started slowly changing all of mine to natural. Now, almost 4 years later, I'm pregnant with my second and I've fully switched over to all natural products. I use mostly 100% Pure brand for eyes, lips, blush, shower, hair and body which I love! It's all vegan, mostly gluten free, fruit pigmented, organic and awesome! :-) I use Juice Beauty face washes from ULTA, and coconut oil and cotton pads for eye makeup removal. My mineral face makeup (foundation and bronzer) is from Alexami Cosmetics in Australia, I couldn't find a US mineral makeup company that was non-nano :-(. And I use 100% organic Argan oil by Josie Maran under my mineral makeup for the daytime, I get that at Sephora. I also highly recommend looking into Honest Company for clean home products and baby products! I love everything they make! Hope that helps! Good luck ladies!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

I'm a licensed esthetician but was never told about the dangers of the stuff we put on our face and body! So while I was pregnant with my first I found out about the dangers of chemicals in beauty products and house cleaning products and started slowly changing all of mine to natural. Now, almost 4 years later, I'm pregnant with my second and I've fully switched over to all natural products. I use mostly 100% Pure brand for eyes, lips, blush, shower, hair and body which I love! It's all vegan, mostly gluten free, fruit pigmented, organic and awesome! :-) I use Juice Beauty face washes from ULTA, and coconut oil and cotton pads for eye makeup removal. My mineral face makeup (foundation and bronzer) is from Alexami Cosmetics in Australia, I couldn't find a US mineral makeup company that was non-nano :-(. And I use 100% organic Argan oil by Josie Maran under my mineral makeup for the daytime, I get that at Sephora. I also highly recommend looking into Honest Company for clean home products and baby products! I love everything they make! Hope that helps! Good luck ladies!

This is very helpful! Thanks! I'm interested in checking out Pure brand.

P.S. you might want to change your username, internet safety and all
  • Options
    MamaBear211MamaBear211 member
    edited August 2015

I know, I hate that it shows like that! But I changed it and it STILL won't show up! I've had a couple of glitches with this site. I can't paste a new ticker in my signature, my real username won't show up and all of the sudden my profile picture is missing too! So annoying! :-/

Update: Logged out and back in yet again and re-updated and got the username and picture fixed at least! Still no ticker. :-( But my email is still in your quote obviously. LOL

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I love this blog - shes a mom and a doctor. She has a great post on pregnancy safe skin care. https://www.15minutebeauty.com/2011/01/new-mommy-beauty-skin-care-while.html 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    I switched awhile ago to all chemical free products made by Ava Anderson Non Toxic. Facial line, aluminum-free deodorant, lead-free lipstick & mascara, sunscreen, etc. I actually became a consultant too because I loved everything so much. We even have a baby line of shampoo/body wash & diaper cream. If anyone wants more info, let me know! If you're curious, check out www.nontoxicpittsburgh.com

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I took a trip to Whole Foods & bought all new Beauty Products- Face & Washes, Moisturizers, Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Nail Polish, Toothpaste, Mouth wash etc. I also bought Bare Minerals make up in Sephora. I heard Josie Maran is good too. Our bodies absorb so much of what we put on it. I feel way better knowing I'm using minimal chemicals during this fragile time.
  • Options
    I use Tarte foundation and have found the ingredients to be better than many but am curious if anyone else is using the brand? My absolute favorite is Lusso, a small business located near my hometown. The owner makes everything, in an school he renovated to be his manufacturing and sales space!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    I've switched my face wash to All natural but didn't even think about my makeup or deodorant!
  • Options
    I switched to Juice Beauty brand. No harsh ingredients. Look it up online....seems to be very pregnancy friendly! :))