May 2015 Moms
Options

Hair loss

anyone else still losing hair like crazy?! I get clumps in the shower and when I brush. I guess my body misses those pregnancy hormones

Re: Hair loss

• Options
    Yes mine started early (2 weeks post partum) and it continued to fall out in clumps. I have never felt so ugly in my entire life! :(
  • Options
    Yep! I started a thread about this a few weeks ago. If you're looking for more responses I think it was called Post Partum Hair Loss.

But yes. It's disgusting!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the same! Going on like 4 weeks now! I get huge clumps in the shower and then empty my brush everyday and get huge clumps also! Does anyone know when it stops?
  • Options
    I also am the same! It's been going on for well over a month now... Feels like I'm going to be bald soon :(
  • Options
    stephv18 said:

I am the same! Going on like 4 weeks now! I get huge clumps in the shower and then empty my brush everyday and get huge clumps also! Does anyone know when it stops?

I've read anywhere from 6-12 months
    :(

Sorry!
  • Options
    its because when your pregnant you don't loose any hair that's why your hair gets nice and thick, so after you have baby that hormone kicks back on and you basically start losing all the hair that didn't fall out while you were pregnant.
  • Options
    Yup!!! Im loosing so much hair its surprising i still have hair. On the bright side have very frizzy hair that poofs into a afro if i dont tame it but with all this hair loss it has yet to frizz up at all and i am loving every second of it!!
  • Options
    Yeah, mine started immediately postpartum although I'm sure a good part of it was stress at first. My hair is so thick that I've been hoping it makes it more manageable but somehow it seems just as thick as ever.
  • Options
    Ugh yes . . . it's been over a month for me with no end in sight, in fact it seems to get worse :( my hair is thicker to start with so at least it isn't terribly noticeable (yet at least!).
  • Options
    Yeah and my hair is pretty long so it's everywhere! I pull it out of lo's hands and between her toes all the time! It's disgusting, i feel sad everytime i pull a clump, i've been growing it for YEARS!
  • Options
    I relieved I am not alone in this! It is so stressful and it doesn't appear it is stopping anytime soon! :(
  • Options
    Yesss!!!! It is horrible!
  • Options
    Same here. It got so bad with DS1 that when the hair that fell out started growing again it was noticeable. My hair stood up all over and I had to wear headbands when my hair was pulled back because of all the new growth. I'm thinking about preemptively cutting it short this time. :-S
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep just started last week. Keep taking those prenatal vitamins though
  • Options
    So scary!!!! I thought it was because I always had my hair in a ponytail, 8''(
  • Options
    How many weeks was it when you first noticed the hair loss. Everyone keeps asking me if im losing my hair yet and I'm not.. My LO is 16 weeks as of yesterday
  • Options

How many weeks was it when you first noticed the hair loss. Everyone keeps asking me if im losing my hair yet and I'm not.. My LO is 16 weeks as of yesterday

Mine was early at 2 weeks. But some women don't lose hair. A few of my friends didn't have any hair loss!

• Options
    I started losing my hair... 15 weeks post birth, had a massive clump after today's shower... Enough to make a wig - lol
  • Options
    mine started almost right after i gave birth. and is still going strong 3 months later ! hopefully it'll stop soon.
  • Options
    Mine is coming out in handfuls.
  • Options
    Mine started around 3 months pp. It's now clogging drains and covering the bathroom floor. Also getting stuck in my husband's beard and daughter's baby rolls.
  • Options
    Yup, about 13 week pp. I just cut my long locks to about shoulder length, so much better for me.
  • Options
    I would shed all the time before I got pregnant so not losing my hair at the end of pregnancy and the past couple months was a nice break. But I'm back to normal now shedding like crazy, started at 3 months pp.