May 2015 Moms
Options

Merlin's magic sleep suit

Is anyone using this? I was using swaddle me's but he started breaking out. I tried the swaddle up and he never fell asleep. Miracle blanket-too small for him at this point. Really hoping Merlin's works.

How many nights did it take for your LO to get used to it? Or, if it didn't work for you how many nights did you try before moving on?

Re: Merlin's magic sleep suit

• Options
    DMELDMEL member
    I think there was a good discussion about this product about a week ago :) many ladies reported positive results
  • Options
    I had great luck with it for transitioning from the rock n play to the crib. She was in it for 3 weeks and now is in a sleep sac. It is def worth a try! It calmed my LO Down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had great luck with it for transitioning from the rock n play to the crib. She was in it for 3 weeks and now is in a sleep sac. It is def worth a try! It calmed my LO Down.

He's been in the crib at night since 6 weeks but recently started breaking out of swaddle mes and being up every two hours. Are you using a sleep sack with arms completely out now?
  • Options
    I love my Merlin suit. My lo immediately started sleeping longer stretches at night. She broke out of every swaddle. She would get so agitated by them. She sleeps much better in Merlin suit.
  • Options
    I looked at them online but I'm afraid it would cause overheating
  • Options
    We've been using ours for about a week now. LO hated to be swaddled so it took a few days to get used to the suit. There's no way she would sleep in her crib without it. We get 5-7 hour stretches
  • Options
    Well he fell asleep at 8 and woke up at 12:30 now its 3:30 and he's up again so no magic yet ;)

I looked at them online but I'm afraid it would cause overheating

I was worried too so I got the cotton and just put a diaper on with it. Our ac is on 72 at night and he's fine.
  • Options
    We love the Magic Sleepsuit!  When our little one was breaking out of the swaddle we found this awesome product!  We transitioned from RNP to crib and our of the swaddle at the same time and have not looked back.  It truly saved our sanity.  We used the Microfleece and got the small when our LO was 11 weeks.  Make sure you get the right size because my sister tried to "size up" so she would not have to buy 2 and it did not work for her until she ordered the Smaller size.  If I would I would kiss the inventor!!  Getting ready to use this on baby #2.
  • Options
    Hmmm...last night he still woke up three times but I'm willing to try again tonight. I just put him in his crib for a nap in it too and that only lasted 30 minutes. After this I'm out of ideas on what he should be sleeping in.
  • Options
    My ds started breaking out of his swaddle so I ordered one. I tried it for the first time when he was 3 mo. His startle reflex was still pretty bad and he would not sleep with the suit on. He woke up every hour for 2 nights so I went back to double swaddling really tight and he went back to sleeping through the night. I thought it was a waste of money. Now at 4mo he is starting to roll on his side so I knew I needed to get him out of the swaddle ASAP. Last night he slept 8:30 to 5 with the suit on, his startle reflex is much better so think that helped with the transition this time.
  • Options
    rae4512 said:

My ds started breaking out of his swaddle so I ordered one. I tried it for the first time when he was 3 mo. His startle reflex was still pretty bad and he would not sleep with the suit on. He woke up every hour for 2 nights so I went back to double swaddling really tight and he went back to sleeping through the night. I thought it was a waste of money. Now at 4mo he is starting to roll on his side so I knew I needed to get him out of the swaddle ASAP. Last night he slept 8:30 to 5 with the suit on, his startle reflex is much better so think that helped with the transition this time.

Thanks. I have been reading up and think I may have tried no swaddle too soon, he's 12 weeks this week. I'm going to give it one more try and then try a tighter swaddle if no luck. His startle reflex is bad!
  • Options
    @Buckles0528 this is the swaddle method I used that ds could not breakout of. Except I used a halo sleep swaddle with wings and just put him in a onesie so he didn't get too got. he was super snug. If the suit doesn't work yet you could try this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnsKlluHIg
  • Options
    We have been using the sleep suit since LO was 11 weeks. The first night we used it she slept from 9p-7a and has been doing so since. Previously she was sleeping in the rock an play and up twice a night. Also previous to the sleep suit she would immediately wake up and cry if placed in her crib or flat on her back. The sleep suit has been a lifesaver We were worried about overheating as well but noticed that she was hotter in the rock an play. We ordered the cotton one and just put her in a onesie underneath.
  • Options
    After the sleep suit was not so successful we swaddled with a cloth underneath the swaddle me sort of how the miracle blanket works, and his arms were down like in that video.  He couldn't break out of it but he woke up at 10:30, 1:30, 3:00 and then never really went back to sleep.  He seemed very frustrated with the swaddle.  I finally conceded around 5am and put him in a sleeper, swaddled in a regular blanket and put him in the swing where he slept until 8:30.  I am seriously losing my mind over this!  I feel like nothing we do at night works.  I know that he knows the difference between night and day because he does go back to sleep at night fairly quickly, with the exception of last night, and he used to sleep 8 pm - 5 am waking up at just 2am.  He just won't stop waking up now.  I know he isn't hungry all night either because I could tell I was still pretty full after trying to feed him to rule that out.  

I really need this to get better soon or I may lose my mind!!
  • Options
    amydawn1026amydawn1026 member
    edited August 2015
    My little one ( almost 4 months ) still gets up every 2 hours to eat and is breaking out of the swaddle. Anyone tried the Ollie swaddle? I've seen A lot of good reviews but still can't justify spending that much for a short time. Mine also does not sleep long during the day and will only nap in his swing outside...