Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Night Wakings

How many times does your baby wake up at night? How old are they? What do you do to get them back down?

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

Re: Night Wakings

• Options
    My DD is 14 weeks. She usually goes to bed between 10 and 11 (she usually naps on me or DH in the evening for 1-1.5 hours before bedtime). Then she usually wakes 3-4 hours later, 5 if we are super lucky. Then she nurses, gets a new diaper, and I nurse her back to sleep. Whole process takes about an hour because I wait a bit to move her back to bed. Then she will sleep for 3 or 4 more hours. So, I don't think I'm the best example of nighttime routine!
  • Options
    DS wakes up usually twice a night but if I'm reeeeeally lucky some nights it's 3 times (sarcasm...). He's 14 weeks and has been doing this for about a month now.

He goes down around 8-8:30 (sometimes 7:30 or 9ish though) and wakes up around 1, 3:30, and occasionally 4:30am. He sleeps in his crib until the first wake up and then I nurse him laying down in bed until he falls asleep (usually pretty quickly-5-10 min), then I transfer him to the Rock n Play next to our bed, since he has trouble going back down in the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter was 21 weeks yesterday. We put her to bed around 7:30-8. I nurse her while my husband reads a book. Lately she won't fall asleep while I nurse her so I have just been putting her in her crib while she's awake. It's been tough but last night she soothed herself rather quickly! She'll usually wake up around 3 or 4. I'll nurse her and then put her right back down. We have to wake her up at 6:45 to get her ready for school. I think she'd probably be up around 7 though to nurse again. During the night I'm no nonsense. I won't say more than a few words to her. Night time is for sleeping. We've also started to let her cry it out. If she's wailing we do go in but if she's just whining we let her go. It's tough but I'm seeing it get easier.
  • Options
    My baby has been sleeping through the night since 5 weeks old. We are 21 weeks now. He started out sleeping from around 10pm - 7am-ish. Now we are at 8:30am to 8-9ish.
  • Options
    ^ lucky lady!!!!
  • Options
    6 weeks old sleeping from 11pm to 7am. He has been doing that since he was 4weeks old
  • Options
    14 weeks, wakes up to nurse every 2 hours. I might get 3 hours out of him the first time he goes to sleep if I'm lucky. I just bring him in the bed to nurse and we fall asleep. I can't go without sleep anymore because I'm back to work so bed sharing it is.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    edited October 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
    No. No no no no no no no. Do not give an infant any liquids that haven't been cleared by your pediatrician.