TTC after 35

New to 'TTC after 35"

11chicago1111chicago11 member
edited August 2015 in TTC after 35
Hey -

I thought I would introduce myself.   I am 38. Married for a year and a half and been TTC for 4 months.  I am looking for a home board.  I was told to post in 1st trimester questions about TTC from the Regular TTC board because "they had success"  someone elses words not mine..  Then 1st Trimester said why are you here.  So I have been bounced around. 

I would like to thank a poster from the 1st Trimester Board who recently suggested coming to the TTC after 35 board, which honestly I had not noticed was a section until today.  Enough about my prior experience on the bump.

All I wanted to do is introduce myself and say hi.  I am going to read through your posts.  I hope, when and if I post here, I get a variety of opinions and thoughts. It always makes for a good discussion. 

About my TTC, currently using OPK, not temping, (thinking about temping).  Trying not to stress.  I work a full time high stress professional job which is stress enough, but also realistic that time is ticking. As I am all to frequently reminded...... 

I look forward to meeting the members of this board.  Thanks for reading my post.

Re: New to 'TTC after 35"

• Welcome to the board! The women here are amazing and supportive and I'm glad you found us! Lots of good information about temping. There is a thread about temping on here, which gives a really good explanation. I think @CarrieandRoy responded to another poster. I can't remember now. If I find it I'll tag you in it!
    Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck in your journey! Glad you landed here among us :)
    Anniversary
  • Welcome! You won't find drama here. I get really tired of the way the other boards are so hard on people.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Welcome to our corner of the bump.
  • Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited August 2015
    Welcome, this is a really supportive board full of knowledgable and friendly posters. You won't find the drama and nonsense here that you will on the other boards. Good Luck on your journey!
  • It's a shame you haven't found a safe, supportive environment...isn't that what this is for!? 
    ANYHOO!!  (Am I too old to say that?) I just wanted to say welcome!  And good luck to you!

I have found this board to be a wealth of knowledge with helping me to chart, temp, and learning about my own PCOS.
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Welcome @11chicago11! You are definitely on a great board now! Great ladies with great support/advice!
  • Welcome and good luck!  As others have said, we're the drama free board! :) I hope you find us to be supportive and accepting.  Any questions about temping/charting, just ask!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome. Yes, some of the other boards have lots of rules and don't handle it well when people come in and ask the same questions that get asked 5 times a day. I think you'll find that this board is much more open and friendly to newcomers in general. I hope you'll enjoy it here.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Welcome!!! Ditto on all the above - this is a very supportive and easy going board. Glad to have you!
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Thank you to everyone. I look forward to being here!

• Welcome!  I really love this board.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Welcome new friend! :-h
  • babyexpressbabyexpress member
    edited August 2015
    @11Chicago11 can i jump on your discussion as a newbie also?

Hi fellow newbie

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Hi babyexpress of course.  Nice to meet you!