May 2015 Moms
Options

What Postpartum Women Need

Re: What Postpartum Women Need

• Options
    Just made me want to cry. Had to leave my babe to go back to work after 10 (unpaid) weeks and I'm so thankful that I could even get that. I know some moms have to go back earlier. Now at 13w, I'm exhausted, sleep deprived, missing my baby, and I still have unresolved postpartum ladybit issues. And as soon as I get home, I don't get any time to myself because I want to spend as much of it with my little one since I don't get to see him all day. It's so difficult. I hope some day we'll get some more support here in the US.

I definitely felt so overwhelmed immediately PP. It was pretty hard in the beginning. I cried every night around 6pm-10pm for the first several weeks. Breast feeding sucked and my nipples were bleeding, which then messed up my supply permanently. It was just SOOO hard!! And I put on a smiling face for everyone to see. I wonder if older women forget the hardships they had? They never bring them up. It's always "Enjoy every moment. It goes by so fast." That just makes me more sad because 1) I feel guilty for NOT enjoying every moment, and 2) I know it goes by so fast! It already has been! One of my best friends is pregnant now and I often wonder if I should tell her what she's getting into and that it's okay to feel certain things, but I also don't want to scare her.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. I really needed this today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree wholeheartedly with this! I had to go back to my crappy part time jobs when DD was 6 weeks old and was definitely not ready. But, part time means zero benefits and we could no longer afford for me to be off. There's major construction going on in my city, which makes my commute around an hour to get to work. I cried all the way there for like the first 2 weeks back.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!!