March 2015 Moms
Options

Daily schedules/ life

Schedule

hey! Any SAHM out there have awesome baby schedules? I just kinda go with the flow but we're slowly getting into a routine....

7-7:30- wakes up (husband gets ready for work this time so he wants to see his daddy!)

7:30-8- eats, change diaper

8-9 or 9:30- watches daddy and mommy make breakfast, plays in gym, tummy time

9 or 9:30- naps until 10:30 or 11. Some days I nap with him and other days I get housework done.

10:30 or 11- wakes up, eats, change diaper

11 or 11:30- goes for a walk (weather permitting) comes home and plays in highchair while mom makes and eats lunch.(usually noonish)

12 or 12:30- plays in jungle bouncer, tummy time

1-2ish or so- play outside under tree in shade with mom and dog (weather permitting) tummy time

This is where the time gets all crazy... He eats and will fight against sleep. Sometimes he sleeps from 2-3 or 3-4 or 4-5 or sometimes only 30 minutes during those times. (During this time I will try to get whatever housework needs done too. )

If it's nice I will fill up the baby pool and we'll play in that.

I don't know what we're going to do this winter having to stay inside all day

So we have the morning down to a schedule but afternoon is chaos haha

Then... Normally by 5 he is awake again and we will go back outside until dad gets home from work or we will play in our gym or bouncer on the back patio (closed in) either way the dog provides tons of entertainment during the day and loves the extra attention.

We don't really have an afternoon routine.. Sometimes we will go for a walk outside or go to a few stores if we have errands to run. He will sit in his highchair when we eat dinner ( if we eat early). We will also try cereal this time with him.

He normally starts getting sleeping around 7:30-8 so I try to fit a bath in before then too.

Some nights he wakes up around 10 and has a hard time getting back to sleep and other nights he sleeps until the next morning... Totally unpredictable.

Does anyone else have a similar schedule or any kind of schedule they do with their little one?

Re: Daily schedules/ life

• Options
    Not a SAHM except for two of the five workdays, but essentially the same as your schedule! I am loving how my daughter reacts to our dog. Lots of tummy time and sitting up and playing time. Adding solids has complicated things slightly. Summer is nice because my husband teaches so we spend a lot of time together. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    SAHM here! Been one for a little over 2 1/2 years. Our schedule is dependent upon my 2 1/2 year old. We wake around 7ish, both girls get changed and hubby cooks breakfast while I feed LO. We eat breakfast while LO plays quietly. From 8:30-11:30 my toddler works with her skills trainer and has other tutors scheduled throughout the week. I cook lunch around 11:00 and she eats lunch. I try to put them both down to nap around 12-1, on a good day they nap for about 2 hours. At least once a week I drive them over to grandma's house. I try to start dinner while they are both napping, but usually toddler will be watching Mickey Mouse and LO will be watching toddler. My husband is usually home by 7pm. He eats quickly, plays with toddler for about 45 minutes, then takes care of her bath/bedtime routine. LO bathes first and I start putting her to bed around 8:30. LO will wake about 2x at night to eat, we just started putting them in the same room, so far it's been good. I pretty much nurse LO whenever she's hungry. Lucky for us, LO is so mellow and both our kids get along.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We wake about 6-6.30, I feed her in bed and either hubby or I will get up and play with her for 30mins-1hour. Then she'll feed again briefly and I change her nappy. Now we're on solids, so we'll go to her high chair and I give her 'breakfast.' That's about 8.45-9.15. Then we play around, sit in the garden with the dogs, tummy time etc. keeping her entertained. She'll nap about 10.30 for half an hour to an hour. She's still nursing so after every feed, pretty much, she'll cat-nap.
    12 we give her 'lunch.' After every 'meal' she'll feed within about half an hour. Then after her cat-nap we'll play around again (unless we have places to go) and she'll probably sleep again briefly. 4pm we have 'dinner,' and she'll nap between 4.30-5 for about half an hour/45 mins. We start winding down with books, baby yoga moves and cuddles. 6pm I take her for a bath with lavender baby bath, then massage and change for bed. She nurses off both sides and she's usually asleep by 7-7.15. Occasionally she'll wake up for more but most of the time she's out until about 2-3, when she feeds again, then done again until the next morning. Obviously this isn't all set in stone but that's the jist of it!
  • Options
    Just an idea as a substitute for getting outside when it's cold out but, do you have a mall around where you live. I love just walking around for an hour or two a couple of times a week. It gets exercise in for me and a nice nap in for baby plus she gets to see different things. It really helped when it was a bit too cold to go out the first couple of months after she was born and also on really hot and uncomfortable days in the summer.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png