Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnant after SIDS loss...

I lost my 6mo old daughter back in April of this year and it's hands down the hardest thing I've ever been through.  We didn't want to "end" our family on that note (she was #4, going to be our last baby) so we decided to just NTNP and let it happen on its own, and I'm 6 weeks now.  I'm thankful to be pregnant again, but I'm incredibly anxious about bringing the baby home.  My daughter died at night and we found her a couple hours later when I checked on her.  So I have no idea how I will ever be able to shut my eyes and sleep again.  Has anyone else been through this?  I guess I just need some encouragement from someone who can tell me that it's possible.  I do plan on purchasing an angel care monitor and we will sidecar the crib in our bedroom...but I don't think that's going to be enough for my peace of mind.  TIA ladies and good luck to everyone here.

• DD1: August 2009
  • DD2: December 2010
  • DS: August 2012
  • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
  • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
  • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
Musings of a Farmer's Wife

Re: Pregnant after SIDS loss...

• Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts for you.
    You are a strong and courageous woman to get you and your kids thru this.
    Thinking healing thoughts for u...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Congratulations on baby #5! I am sure with your excitement comes a lot of anxiety, which is 110% understandable. We used an angel care monitor with our DD and it was sensitive enough to alarm if she rolled off or if we picked her up and forgot to turn it off. So, I know it would work if movement did stop, yet it wasn't so sensitive that it alarmed for no reason. Maybe for extra peace of mind, you can look into getting a hospital grade apnea monitor. They send preemies home with it, but this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me if you can get it online too. I wish you a healthy 9 months and pray you get to see this little one live out any dreams he/she has. You are a strong woman! Also, have you checked out the late pregnancy/ child loss board? I think they have a PGAL check in too. They may have some additional coping resources or suggestions for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you.  Maybe I will ask around about the hospital grade apnea monitor.  I didn't realize there was a child loss board - I am headed to check it out now.  Thank you so much!

• M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss, I would feel the same way.  I know you can buy those monitors you can clip on their diapers that read breathing and alert you if they stop.   Congrats on this pregnancy and H&H nine months to you.
  • Options
    All the best for the pregnancy thinking of you
  • Options
    Bumping this to see if there's anyone here who has also experienced a rainbow baby after a SIDS (or related) loss.

• M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can imagine how hard it is to relax now. Come on over to the pregnancy loss board! It's a lovely group of women and maybe someone on there has experienced something similar. Wishing you the very best in this new pregnancy- congratulations!
    1st Pregnancy: EDD 12/31/15; Diagnosed Turner's with terminal cystic hygroma 13wks; induced at 14wks, +3 d+c's.
    2nd Pregnancy: BFP 10/8/15; EDD 6/21/16