March 2015 Moms

Cereal for a formula fed baby

Can i give my LO Cerelac wheat now. She is formula fed. I gave her some last night, about a tablespoon and mixed with water . she ate well but I'm worried about constipation.

Re: Cereal for a formula fed baby

• I have been feeding my little man rice cereal. We usually will give him cereal before a feed just a bit until he seems uninterested then give him his bottle he takes less of the bottle usually but we have not seen any constipation.
  • What did your pediatrician say?
  • Loading the player...
  • I really try to restrict the calories I give my baby. I don't want a fat kid!

I don't watch my baby eats. She has an amazing metabolism just like baby daddy.

• I really try to restrict the calories I give my baby. I don't want a fat kid!

OMG, i know what you mean!!!! I always make sure to count the calories my baby eats every day and I have been working on adjusting a fitbit for his little arm. I want to know how much he's burning every day so I can make sure he doesn't take in too many calories. 

There's a hack for making a baby Fitbit on Pinterest. Pin it and get crafty, mama! #craftymom #skinnybabies
  • It's so hard for babies to lose weight once they get fat, so you'd better not let them eat carbs now. And you shouldn't eat cereal either. I mean, I lost all of my baby weight like a week after giving birth, but I know it's not easy for most people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mangomimosa I've been giving my baby pears for three weeks straight. And her poops are uh-mazing!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sad that LO doesn't like pears. What the hell?
  • edited September 2015
    @BearwithMe yes! I asked my peds about this just yesterday. I have very strict restrictions and she said to add water to my breast milk so that she fills up with empty calories first. Her figure was out of control. Image what she will look like at 9 months if we were to have kept going. Whew. Dodged a bullet there.
  • My baby will only eat gluten free, fair trade, diet cereal.

I only grow my own organic, fair trade, sustainable grains for my babies cereal. You buy yours?

Runner up 3-11-15