September 2015 Moms
Options

End of pregnancy anxiety

is anyone else just feeling beyond anxious these days??? I just feel on edge everyday... So worried something bad could happen. My doctor harped this morning on tracking movement and calling at any sign of worry and it just amped me up even more. I just feel so anxious sitting here and feeling worried at every moment. Like if I don't feel baby move for a while I could just cry. Is this normal?

Re: End of pregnancy anxiety

• Options
    I had that moment yesterday, which landed me in triage for nothing. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

You have your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, you call the doctor. Period the end. Good luck mama.

• Options
    I've been anxious about adding baby #2 to the mix, and it's getting a little worse now. I'm not worried about the baby too much, though I have had moments when I was. It's completely normal. We're on the verge of a big change, which can cause anxiety. However, if you are legitimately worried about something, get it checked out. It doesn't hurt to be safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tracking the whole movements thing can really get my anxiety going, I hate it. If I can't get him to move instantly I assume the worst
  • Options
    My anxiety is adding #2 too but also this phase of just waiting on labor. The intensifying BH even make this STM start wondering if this is it. It's not helping that I've just been in a hyper focus mood which makes me think it's sooner than later.
  • Options
    Serious anxiety lately. If it's not about movements is about something else. Last night my brain decided to worry about DH possibly missing the birth of his daughter because he can't find anyone to come cover him right away(possible but highly unlikely). So now I'm worried about that too... I'm actually afraid for when baby comes, I'm already so anxious and terrified about SIDS or doing something wrong or not knowing what to do if baby chokes( and I've taken CPR classes...), ect. I think I'm destined to never sleep again :/
  • Options
    Yes I am feeling this way too. After foolishly reading a post that mentioned late term loss I am just beside myself about this baby coming ASAP. I felt out of the woods so so speak, but after reading about this I am so worried and am getting paranoid. I lie in bed every morning and pray that I am going to feel the baby move. Every little thing I analyse, an increase in my puffyness, twinges, pains, and I am getting so many braxton hicks that I find it hard to work out if it is the baby moving or the BH. I am 38 weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    @surprisepkg31 that happens to me every night too!!!! I wake up at 430 and toss and turn for about 2 hours, my mind just racing over everything, and then I eventually give up on sleep and just get up!
  • Options
    I've been spotting since Thursday's exam and been on edge. I really think I am losing my mind!! Worrying about things that are normal at this stage of pregnancy. I worry about the baby being healthy when he gets here. After 3 failed pregnancies it was hard to imagine Ive really made it 37 weeks.
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    Totally going out of my mind here and I still have 4 to 5 weeks to go! I get up at 2am, 4am and 6am to pee and needless to say, my mind races constantly in between so am getting little to no sleep. At this rate I'll pass out in the delivery room. For some reason I remember more heart burn during my 1st pregnancy but less anxiety and more sleep. Just goes to show how every pregnancy is different.
  • Options
    Thankfully, my anxiety hasn't been terrible. I try not to think about it too much and she'll come when she comes. But next week I have an ultrasound and I'm so nervous they're going to tell me she's huge or something. Last thing I want is to be induced or have to have a c-section. That scares me more than a natural birth.
  • Options
    I feel ya! Being a ftm and not really knowing what to expect. I didn't go for any 5 week labor and delivery class or anything and now I'm thinking I should have and maybe the Internet is not enough to help me feel prepared. Two weeks to go and no signs of anything but I need to keep her in like another week and a half so my husband can be here. On the other side I can't stop myself from organizing and cleaning and I'm afraid I'm going to push myself into labor from all the moving stuff and whatever. And then there's the whole topic of my husband might be stuck in Germany till march now where all our stuff is. I have baby things and my own things here in the states to get us by like a month or two but eventually I see a trip with the baby in my future just to switch out some summer/early fall stuff for winter stuff :(
  • Options
    Yes! My anxiety is crazy! I got almost everything ready I just want the baby here! Lol
    Today I felt a little worse with anxiety but I have issues with panic attacks n is not easy to control it more when you're anxious so I'm trying to walk around just to calm myself down ugh... but I'm definitely excited n I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    count me in for anxiety lol
  • Options
    Omg... same pattern I'm going through thought in was the only one. . Geez babies are amazing to woman bodies