Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly check-in 8/23

mindaamindaa member
edited August 2015 in Parenting after 35
How was your week?

QOTW: What was your first job? Did you like it?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly check-in 8/23

• Options
    We can't catch a break lately. The kids passed around a nasty cold and slept horribly all week. (Last week was the diarrhea bug. The week before was the sick dog. The week before that was a bunch of family visiting). DH and I keep asking for a "normal" week, and keep getting crap. Literally, sometimes.

Also, I'm going to start phasing out of the bump. You are all a great bunch of support. But I just need to make time for other stuff. I'll probably only check-in if I'm up with the baby at night or something.

My first job was a lifeguard. I loved it.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited August 2015
    Week started with a cross-country road trip -- glad that's over. Have then spent the last few days unpacking, getting organized and pumping like crazy in preparation for going back to work tomorrow. Lots of emotions. :(

Guess that's why I was thinking about jobs. Technically I first got paid for picking berries at the farm down the street ( which is now houses). Was the first job for a lot of neighborhood kids at 12 years old, the legal age for farm work. :) When I was 15 I worked summers in the front office of the company where my dad worked. Filing and shredding and stuff. Was fun commuting and going out for lunch with him.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am gearing up for my final week of summer break then it is back to work :(  We hired our Nanny who seems like she is going to be a good fit.  She is swinging by tomorrow for a few hours to hang out with the kids and get a feel for the routine before I head back to work. 
    I am in clean out mode too.  You would think I was nesting by the way I am pitching crap.  I am sick of the clutter.  

My first real job was babysitting.  But my first real working papers job was in our church rectory after hours once the real secretary left for the day.  I was answering the phone, dealing wtih mass cards, setting up appointments for people to meet with the priests and stuff like that.  Oh to be that young again!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @mattandlora ... sorry to see you go, but totally understand.  Hope you'll pop in occasionally!

@mindaa and @Geeps2 ... hope your transitions back to work go smoothly. I will be thinking of you both!

My week was okay, I guess.  Kinda hard to remember.  Fiance was out Saturday night and then on Sunday.  (I knew about Saturday, but didn't recall hearing about Sunday.)  I was pretty upset, but tried to let it go.  Decided I could either do something or stay in and be miserable, so Chloe and I went out with my sister.  We did some shopping and then went out for nachos and a margarita.  It was fun and Chloe was a champ.  Was glad I made the choice to do something.

My first job was as a waitress at a little cafe up the road from my house called the Airport Eatery and, yes there was an airport there.  I was 14.  I would walk up there (less than a mile) on Saturdays and Sundays and wait tables.  It was fun to come home and throw all those bills on the floor.  It was pretty good money for a little place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited August 2015
    @mattandlora I've already sort of done the same. I miss bumping but life is getting in the way! 

@mindaa and @Geeps2  Good luck with the transition back to work. I'll follow you in about a week. Eeek.

@jerseygirl227 Good for you for getting out of the house. As far as I can tell,  babies love new environments and soaking it all in.

My week has been good - we took a short flight to visit my parents and the visit went well. We also hired a nanny, which is a big relief, although we ended up agreeing on a rate that is higher than we originally discussed, which caused some grief and will no doubt cause us to tighten our belts considerably.  She's open to making it a nanny share, so we'll probably do that when LO is a bit bigger.

My first job was as a telemarketer for a charity. I loved having my own money and it paid well for a summer job. It also made me appreciate what telemarketers have to deal with so I try to be nice to them now.  My second job was at a coffee shop - that was considerably more fun. The customers were great and the coffee excellent; I wish I kept in touch with some of the coworkers but it was so very long ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    All good here, really busy.
    MH is still on a pretty intense travel schedule with his new job and I'm just so over it!
    C just cut her 2nd tooth.
    K is being K...
    I'm almost done with BFing/pumping and loving the freedom of formula.

QOTW: assistant counsellor and music club leader at a summer camp. It was fun.
  • Options
    I don't even know what day it is. I was so happy when my h got back from his trip but then my daughter started working on a molar. Now she is starting to fight her naps after the molar came through, so I can't seem to catch a break. The entire day isn't crazy, but those times I need to be able to get stuff done she is choosing to melt down.

My first job was babysitting. My first adult job was a nanny job. It didn't last long because the woman was horrible and I ended up quitting. I worked on the mail crew at a local newspaper after that until I moved and decided to give nannying another try.

@mattandlora I will miss your updates but I completely understand. I don't post nearly as often as I used to.

Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.