TTC After a Loss
Options

Waiting on taking a test.

The waiting between the week of ttc and your period is the worst. 7 days until my periods due. I would love to test on day 5 because I am off and can take time to handle my own emotional rollar coaster tests make happen. But I know the odds of the test working then are low. So I should wait. But that involves taking it before work. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary next Sat and would love to have the yes or no before than. If it is yes I will tell him then but also don't want to find out no on that day and not at least some what enjoy the day. I feel like every time I get a chance to think it is all about pregnant or not. I am scared it will say yes and scared it will say no. The not knowing is the worst. How do people survive waiting?

Re: Waiting on taking a test.

• Options
    I'm in this same boat! My period is still 6 days out but I'm dying to know! I feel like I'm trying to hold on to anything I feel that might be pregnancy symptoms. My husbands birthday is next Monday and we are celebrating it the Sunday before and I would love to surprise him with a bfp! One thing I've done that has helped me is to remember that waiting can only help. At this point I am ether pregnant or I'm not and if I wait I have less of a chance of getting a false negative/positive. Try to find something to focus your mind on. I do a lot of yoga and I've been doing a lot of extra projects around the house to keep me busy!! The waiting is awful I agree and soon enough you can test and know! Let me know how everything goes!!
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I bought these really cheap hpts and I got 2 bfn 7 and 10 dpo. I immediately regretted taking them because last time I only got my bfp 5 days after missed AF. I guess I couldn't help myself. Anyways AF is due Thursday this week, let's see what happens! I hope she doesn't show and I can test! Good luck to you ladies!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I undestand reading into every little sign. Ahh I decided to wait until Saturday morning to test if nothing shows up. Now it is trying to keep myself busy all week. I need a hobby lol. Good luck to both of you!
  • Options
    I wait until my AF is at least 3 days late. I hate seeing a negative and it seems to hurt more than just getting af.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    I'm making myself wait until Friday (which is also payday yay!) the wait is killing me!! @MamaBish what do you do to keep yourself distracted?
  • Options
    I'm right there with you ladies! I'm 8dpo, and this wait is killing me. I'm either experiencing or inventing lots of symptoms, and it is all I can think about. Our two year anniversary is September 1, and I would love to have a happy gift to give my husband, especially since our first bfp came on his 30th birthday, April 29 this year. I already tested once on Saturday when I knew better, but I couldn't help myself. I'm gonna try to hold off until Friday this time...we'll see. :) Wishing happy results for all!
  • Options
    I'm currently in the TWW as well but only about 4dpo. After the heartbreaking miscarriage and then finally deciding we were ready to try again, my husband made me promise that I wouldn't take a test until I missed AF. We, so badly, want to start growing our family, but my relationship with my husband has to be the most important. Something that has kind of help distract me and given me peace and a little bit of patience (which is a big thing for me) is that I want to enjoy it this time. When I M/C, it's like I knew because I just couldn't get excited. I wanted to be, but God was really preparing my heart for the tremendous amount of pain to ensue. Before I even had gotten pregnant, I was picking out names and looking at baby items, and planning out the future. It was a very humbling experience for me to have that all taken away, even just the idea of it. I've vowed to myself that whenever that were to happen again, I would take it in strides and truly enjoy it. While I'm guilty of still looking at pinterest and thinking about the future, I now understand that I can't hold on to those things so tightly. Everyday is a gift. My perspective is so different. So instead of planning out when you are going to test, or what your EDD would be, just enjoy the little things. Enjoy the relationship you have with your husband. Sit down and binge watch Netflix. Just do the things that make life worth living. I didn't mean to sound so cheesy. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    msuzannah said:
    I'm making myself wait until Friday (which is also payday yay!) the wait is killing me!! @MamaBish what do you do to keep yourself distracted?
    I just try to focus on other stuff, hobbies. I like to color in those grown up coloring books a lot :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    You ladies are so strong. It's hard going through a loss, even harder each month once you start ttc and not being successful. Fingers crossed we can all maintain our happy through the tww or sometimes the months of waiting !

• Options
    Worst roller coaster ride EVER!!!! Haha scared to see no and be disappointed. Scared to see yes and hold your breath to not miscarry. I hate it! But hope you and your hubby have something extra special to celebrate this weekend ;)
  • Options
    Not pregnant.... The stress of the week is over. Of course not what I wanted to hear. Here starts the monthly roller-coaster again.
  • Options
    @cchenal07 Sorry to hear AND same here. AF is coming...next month!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So sorry ladies! I'm pretty sure AF is on her way for me too. Here's to a better outcome next month.
  • Options
    Agreed. Waiting is awful!
  • Options
    Looks like we are on the same boat again! Next month I'll be playing another waiting game.