April 2015 Moms
Options

Holding up head and tummy time(Push up)

Any other moms with 4 month old have an issue with their LO not fully holding head up? My LO wants to constantly look up and arch his back. If I sit him up against me on my lap he does really good but other than that lets his head go back. He absolutely hates tummy time and screams the whole time and will arch his back and balance on his tummy like a seal. I've been trying not to read milestones because I worry he is under developed but know every baby is different.

Re: Holding up head and tummy time(Push up)

• Options
    Our LO (4 mos) also did not like tummy time at first. We place him on the Boppy and have colorful soft toys so while he's doing tummy time he looks at the toys. We help him move his feet or sometimes get down on the ground and smile, talk, sing and encourage him. It took awhile but he is ok w tummy time now but in short amounts. :)
  • Options
    My niece was similar... she HATED tummy time. She was also behind when it came to things like crawling and walking. Honestly, don't worry too much about it. They all catch up to each other. She's 3 years old now and you would never have known. Super bright little girl too! If you're pediatrician isn't worried, then don't worry about it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son is 4months 1 week and HATES tummy time. He barely lifts his head off the ground yet he can roll tummy to back and back to belly. Ped wasn't concerned.
  • Options
    Yes, this is exactly how my LO is as well.