Baby Names
Options

Need your help ladies!

brightside7brightside7 member
edited August 2015 in Baby Names

I'm currently crushing on the name MATILDA! I absolutely love it and DH absolutely hates it :( 

I am trying to come up with a list of backup names for the hospital - I am due in 5 weeks. We have chosen Penelope June for our baby girl but I NEED backups just in case!

Please give me some of your suggestions of your favorite girl names. Just to get an idea of my personal style, I also love the names Emmeline, Aurelia, Brielle, Felicity, Lilah.

Re: Need your help ladies!

• Options
    Here is my advice - Stick with Penelope! I had chosen Penelope Rae and went to the hospital with a backup. We went with the backup name and I have regretted it ever sense! It's adorable and has a plethora of NN options. I love Poppy and Nelly for Penelope. Congrats on your baby girl!

• Options
    I love Matilda (with the nickname Tilly)!

What about:
    Lucille
    Alice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice!!
  • Options
    Penelope is a cute name. I LOVE Hazel but my DH vetoed it :( Alice is at the top of our list right now if we have a girl. I like Beatrice, Olivia, Charlotte, Clara, Amelia and Bridgette too. But I didn't think of Matilda, I like that name, I'm going to add it to my list!
  • Options
    Love Penelope and Matilda! What about:
    Phoebe
    Sabrina
    Gwyneth
    Margot
    Bianca
    Tabitha
  • Options
    Penelope and Matilda are both super cute! I also like Alice and Eleanor.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Penelope June with Lilah June as a backup.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    @libby+nate not to hijack this thread but I need to know! What did you name your DD?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @brightside7 stick with Penelope! Love it and lots of cute nn's!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @belle714 I forgot about Margot, I like that name!