Stay at Home Moms
Options

NBR: laptop, iPad or ????

I have had a work laptop for the last nine years. I used it some at home for personal use when I just need to search for something. When my next child is born I will become a stay-at-home mom. I am wondering what I should purchase. I have an iPhone 4s, but would like something bigger for browsing. Any input is appreciated!

Re: NBR: laptop, iPad or ????

• Options
    DesignermommaDesignermomma member
    edited August 2015
    I guess it depends on what you use it for. If it's just for browsing the internet, get a tablet (iPad)
    We have a mini for my son and load games and movies so it. He loaded it up so much, we bought a bigger one with more GB for him and we took his old one. My husband loves surfing on it. You can also download the kindle app and read books. (FYI, each movie is 2-3 GB and photos and videos take up a lot of space so keep that in mind when choosing which one to buy)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hayleydeeehayleydeee member
    edited August 2015
    My husband works in the tech industry, so we have all kinds of gadgets laying around. But, I find that given the choice, I will always gravitate to my little laptop. 
    However, the iPads have been more durable, and have held up to the kids better. We have an ipad that's basically been only for kids, and it's still going strong 6 years later! All it took was 1 glass of spilled water and the "kids'" laptop was shot. So, it kind of depends on how (and who) you want to use it. Think about how careful you want to have to be with it too. Even though I like my laptop the best, it is more fragile. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    marihussmarihuss member
    edited April 2022
    I suggest you to go with a a convertible laptop they are preferably cheaper and lightweight and you can use them very easily anywhere you want.