2nd Trimester
Options

2nd Time Moms - A question about strollers

We have a toddler right now who will be turning 3 right around the time the new baby is born.  We use our jogging stroller and regular Britax all the time.  Wondering if I should invest in getting a double jogging stroller and new stroller for trips to the mall, etc or is it a waste of money?  When do kiddos grow out of these things?

Re: 2nd Time Moms - A question about strollers

• Options
    My son didn't even like being in a stroller after age 2. So when I had my second a double stroller was not needed at all. When I had my third, my son was 3 and my daughter was 1 I bought a double stroller and honestly used it a handful of times. Mostly at zoos, aquariums etc. My kids were amazing at just staying by our side. Now our double stroller is just in the closet. But I think it really depends on your kids.
  • Options
    I got a sit n stand when my second was born and dd was about 2&1/2. I still use it all the time and they are 2 & 4 now. Well worth the money in my opinion
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really depends on your kid, mine hasn't sat in a stroller since she was around 18 months old. If yours is still happy in the stroller and not throwing any fits, then I would probably try to keep him contained as long as possible 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't with a three-year old. My kids are all under two years apart so it was necessary, but my now three-year-old will almost never get in it. The only time he will is like at a whole day at the fair or something. If you have a calm toddler that loves the stroller still then maybe. Also, don't know about your toddlers weight, but our kids are big so they are over the stroller weight limits quickly (40 lbs. per seat). If you had to have the toddler in the stroller you could wear the baby also.
  • Options
    I also wouldn't w/ a 3 year old.  And even if they still want the stroller, they would be learning to get over it quick.  Double's are a pain, especially in stores w/ small aisles or doorways.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got a City Select stroller that is a single that can be turned into a double. DD will be just over 2 years old when new baby comes. She still rides in the stroller. I use it at the mall and other places where I don't want to walk at toddler speed. I will be able to put her seat and the infant seat on the stroller to use for both of them. I don't know if we'll need to get a second seat when new baby is 6 mos old (old enough to sit in a stroller seat) or if we are going to get a glider board for DD to stand on instead.

With infant seat and toddler seat, it will look like this:

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    my 1st kid will also be about 3 when baby 2 arrives.  We don't use the stroller a lot, so plan on wearing the newborn & taking the older kid in the stroller for bigger trips (zoo, etc), and having the older kid walk  & using the click-in infant stroller that goes with the infant carseat the rest of the time.

If you use your stroller all the time and don't want to wear the new baby, then a double might be worth it for you-- I'd probably wait until the new baby has the neck control to ride in the stroller and then see where your older child is at in terms of interest in the stroller...