April 2015 Moms

No sleep routine

is anyone planning on not practicing a sleep routine? I feel so torn like I would like to start a routine but then I also feel like I don't wanna force baby to sleep. I feel like he'll let me know when and what he's ready for. Anyone else letting their baby make all the rules?

Re: No sleep routine

• I don't let my baby set the rules when I'm ready for bed and she still awake I shut off the lights and to bed we all go, eventually she will go to sleep and she doesn't cry because her tummy is full, she's bathe and her diaper is changed. Setting a routine is good it's helps everyone
  • I don't have a routine yet. I plan on getting into one when my older girls go back to school/preschool. I like having one because it lets me plan outings better. A schedule doesn't have to be by the clock it can be by activity order (wake up, breakfast, play, nap, lunch, etc). That way it's a little more flexible. I've also found that the older my kids get the more they fall into a pattern of activity/sleep on their own. That's what has worked for me in the past, but it might not work for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried and it didn't work for us but my baby put himself on his own routine which works great. Some nights I wish it was earlier bc I'm exhausted but it's a pretty set schedule so it works. I know every baby is different but we let him make the sleep routine and it's been a great thing for us. He started sleeping thru the night at 3 months too! You can always try it for a few weeks and if it's not working then begin a routine that's modified for you