April 2015 Moms

Is anyone else having a really hard time going back to work?

I mean I knew if was going to be rough, but I'm almost depressed being away from my little guy:(

Answers

• I'm having an extremely hard time too! :(
  • I got back next week and I am very nervous. They are learning something new every day and I can't believe that I have to miss it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Having such a difficult time, missing her every moment I'm away! Hopefully it will get easier. Good luck momma!
  • Yep! I've been back for just over a month now and still feeling that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the replies, it has been a month now and I still feel just as sad everyday! I need to make some changes and try to work harder, I want to be a stay at home mom more than anything!
  • Same here. I would give ANYTHING to be able to stay home with the bubs. I find that I get totally jealous of those who are able to be stay at home moms. It's weird though because the original plan was always that I would go back to work. I thought I would be bored silly at home and want the adult interaction each day. Boy was I wrong, I HATE being away.

My hubby and I came up with a budget plan to pay things off. Once that's done, I will be staying home as well. Sadly, it's going to take a while. I need to win the lottery or something. I hope that you are able to find a way to stay home with your little one soon too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one! I've been back at work over a month now & am miserable! I miss my little princess tremendously & feel like I never get to see her. Feeling lots of guilt! Plus, I'm finding it really difficult juggling being a mommy, working, household duties & keeping that spark in my relationship. I feel like I'm spreading myself too thin & am extremely overwhelmed trying to be the "perfect" mother, girlfriend & employee! I knew it'd be hard going back to work but I underestimated just how hard it would be!
  • I'm having a hard time and feeling all the same things! I feel like I do nothing but run from place to place and never accomplish anything.
  • I feel the same, been back to work just over a month now and it's still very difficult. I would also give anything to stay at home with my baby girl, but it's just not possible, so I'm trying to adjust. I feel like I don't get much time with her, by the time I get home, I nurse her and it's bedtime already which is frustrating. I've discussed working part time with my DH and that may be a possibility in the future and could be a good way to balance everything.

No one is perfect, so don't be too hard on yourself! Do what you can one thing at a time and feel good about anything you accomplish even if it's a small thing.

Hope it gets better for everyone, lots of women do it so it must get better, right?!
  • @mrod217 i go back to work in a month and I feel like I will be overwhelmed with the increased responsibility and no time :(

Hopefully we can find a way to balance it all!
  • I hope it does get easier! Right now I feel like it gets harder everyday! All we can do is our best, enjoy every minute with our little ones & hopefully that balance swings our way!
  • I return to school next week and am so anxious about leaving my twins :(
  • You're not alone!!! I've been back to work for the past 2 weeks, and its felt like eternity! I was a mess the first day to the point where I cried in front of my co-workers. I'm not a crier @ all! What has helped me is getting to work a lot earlier than before baby was born, in order to get off earlier and spend a lil extra time with my baby. I'm now in search of a stay @ home job. I'm simply going to remain positive and hope that I find something very soon!
  • Yes! I've been back to work for about a month now..and I feel like it hasn't gotten any easier. I feel like I'm missing out on him growing up. What makes it worse is my other mom friends work part time so they get at least 4 full days at home with their baby. I work full time the usual 9-5. I hope it does get easier BC this will only benefit him in the long run but it's so hard. Once my husband and I become settled I hope to only work part time but right now financially that's just not possible! Let's stick together and support each other! We all know each other's pain lol
  • It was rough at first but I've found it much easier now. Weekends truly have a new greatness to them! I still miss her of course and can't wait to see her after work but it's definitely better. I worked hard for my degree and have a good job that I'm proud to have. I think that helps too. I want to show my daughter it's great to be a mama and have a successful career. The adult interaction is nice too!
  • I go back to work on Tuesday & I'm a complete mess! Been crying all day, starting to break out in a rash. My mother in law is going to be watching my twin boys & I'm not confident in her at all. They are on a great eating & sleeping schedule & she doesn't listen to me. She came over last week for 2 days to "train" & I had to tell her the same things over & over. She doesn't even remember which is the front of the diaper is.
  • I'm having a hard time but not for the reasons previously mentioned. I feel a little guilt about this but I enjoy getting a break from the baby and going to work.

My issue is that I work in a very male dominated field and have had some issues with the job as a working mom. Issues related to getting uninterrupted breaks to pump, assumptions that I don't want to work as hard and getting more work because I took maternity leave.