Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2nd Miscarriage

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm going through my second miscarriage right now. I had a small blood clot yesterday so I went to my RE to get an ultrasound and the baby had no heartbeat (we had seen a heartbeat almost two weeks ago). I had a miscarriage in May at around 8.5 weeks and this one is happening around the same time. My RE wants to do a D&C to see if they can find out what's causing the losses. It took my husband and I almost 2 years to get pregnant and I got pregnant by doing Letrozole, Follistim injectibles, and IUI. I am 34 years old, and I feel like I am never going to have a baby. My husband thinks we should give it a break for a little while, but I don't want to....I feel like I'm running out of time. My mom keeps telling me that I should just adopt. I'm not opposed to adopting, but I want to keep trying. I'm just hoping that we find the answer to why I keep miscarrying. Has anyone else had tests to find the cause of their miscarriages?

Re: 2nd Miscarriage

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses! I will be 31 ina few weeks and have no kids either. I have had two losses in the last 12 1/2 months. After my first I ended up having a d&c due to concern of infection. The remaining tissue was tested and showed a chromosomal abnormality. After my second they did full panel blood test. It showed I have MTHFR. I have to take a high dose of folic acid and baby aspirin. Unbelievably i got pregnant the first month ttc after the last MC. I am just over 4 weeks and my levels are looking good so far, but i am definitely not out of the woods yet. I do wonder if the meds i am on now contributed to me getting pg so easy. Have you had any testing in the past?
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses. I have had 2 mc's around 6 weeks, then in July had a 14 week loss. Baby was tested and there were no chromosome issues. I've had bloodwork done for me now to test for hypercoagability and I'll have those results by the end of the week. So I have no answers yet. I've sort of stumped my doctor as I have had 3 successful pregnancies and now 3 losses. I want an answer so we can fix it, obviously, but I have a feeling no "problems" will be found and the 3 losses are just bad luck. I don't know how I won't be a basketcase if/when I get pregnant again. Is your dr going to run any test on you?
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @ALC08 and @Sinnet I'm so sorry for your losses as well. I'm just filled with despair. I was extremely sad after the previous miscarriage. With this one, I feel very sad but I feel a lot of hopelessness, too. I didn't get anything tested after the first miscarriage. I did have a lot of testing done to determine why it was taking us so long to get pregnant. They never found anything except I have two fibroids. At my ultrasound, the dr said she didn't think that had caused the miscarriage. If they can't find out what is causing them, she said she might do another HSG on me to check for any abnormalities. I hope they find some answers.