June 2016 Moms

How to deal with annoying pregnancy skin issues

2»

Re: How to deal with annoying pregnancy skin issues

• mwniels2 said:

I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed Finacea topical cream for night time and Clinda lotion for morning. Both are completely pregnancy safe and have cleared my hormonal spots right up. I always had great skin before pregnancy so I definitely wanted it gone asap!

Thanks for the tip. I will check if I can get these in England!
  • Atlast111 said:

So glad I'm not the only one! Getting big liquidy whiteheads.....gross! This is what a lepper must feel like, I'm one step away from buying a bell....lol. The worst is you can't buy belli in the uk unless you want to pay 4x the price on Amazon. Any girls got any other suggestions for stuff I can get here?

Holy smokes! That's expensive. I don't know if the price/availability is different for where you are, but another pregnancy-safe brand I ran across was Mama Mio. Maybe worth a look?
  • Loading the player...
  • crdo said:

Atlast111 said:

So glad I'm not the only one! Getting big liquidy whiteheads.....gross! This is what a lepper must feel like, I'm one step away from buying a bell....lol. The worst is you can't buy belli in the uk unless you want to pay 4x the price on Amazon. Any girls got any other suggestions for stuff I can get here?

Holy smokes! That's expensive. I don't know if the price/availability is different for where you are, but another pregnancy-safe brand I ran across was Mama Mio. Maybe worth a look?
    I know, it's crazy. Must be a tiny amount of imported product sold by a handful of sellers. I will have a look for Mama Mio . Thank you. :smiley:
  • crdo said:

Atlast111 said:

I found this one, Mama Mio Gorgeous Glow Balancing Facial Wash 100 ml which I will be getting!. The rest on amazon by mama mio is for body. Any others they make for the face?
  • B2FlyGirl said:

Any R&F consultants/clients? I've been dealing with adult hormonal acne since I got off birth control 3 years ago. Right before I got pregnant, I was about to try Unblemish, but put it on hold until I can find out if it's safe. I've heard some rumors it's safe as long as you don't use the spot fading toner which had salicylic acid...the primary wash is a sulfur active ingredient. Can any consultants or clients shed light on this?

Sulfur is safe while pregnant and breastfeeding. My derm advised me to use gytone flesh tinted ance lotion last pregnancy it's sulfur based and I still use it. It does wonders for my skin but my acne was whiteheads and clogged pores.
  • Use Pine Tar lotion (available from any chemist/drugstore) for itchy skin. It is the best!!!
  • @B2FlyGirl- I was ussing the R&F Unblemish and it made me face incredibly dry. It took probably 4 months for my skin to stop flaking after I used it. 
  • I've been having skin issues for the past month. I've read a ton about it and came across a few remedies.
    I mixed 1/2 cup of cooked oats, 1 egg white, teaspoon of olive oil, and a little lemon juice and have been putting it on my face twice a day. My skin has improved so much!
    Remember anything that you put on your face is absorbed through your skin.