May 2015 Moms
Options

Stored Milk Issues

Back to work today and my LO is refusing to drink milk that was stored in the freezer for a month. Anyone else have issues with their LO refusing older milk? She took the bottle of fresh squeezed milk no problem this morning...

Re: Stored Milk Issues

• Options
    Haven't experienced it myself yet but I also haven't tried DS on freezer milk. My sister had the same problem with her son though. Fortunately she was a SAHM so she just didn't pump and always breastfed him.

Sorry I have no advice :( Hope LO takes it for you soon!!
  • Options
    Maybe try mixing some fresh with some frozen until she gets more used to the frozen. I would imagine the frozen doesn't taste quite as good to them and probably takes some getting used to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people have lipase in their breast milk that can alter the taste https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/lipase-expressedmilk/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You may have excess lipase in your milk. I have this issue (or I presume that I do), because my milk sours after 6 days frozen. You may have to taste it and see if it has gone bad, and figure out how long your milk is good frozen. Sorry. It is really frustrating.
  • Options
    Hugely helpful article! Thank you! Will be smelling my thawed milk today to see if lipase may be the cause.