Infertility
Options

Who has started IVF for August???

2»

Re: Who has started IVF for August???

• Options
    So I am going on 6dp5dt. And I am very constipated. Sorry if tmi but I am very uncomfortable. I am drinking plenty of water and have increased my fiber. Is there anything that any of you can recommend to take?something more fast acting?
    Symptom related I have had a lot of pulling on both sides of my lower abdomen abdomen. Mean anything??
  • Options
    Is anyone having any symptoms during your 2ww? I had a 3dt on the 20th and beside sore girls and a few little cramps and backaches here and there nothing. I do feel tired, but that could be from the worry. We had a successful IVF last September but lost both babies at 10 weeks. We supplemented this time with Donor eggs since I don't respond well to meds and of course, my eggs looked the best 3 days in, so we went ahead and put them back for safe keeping? I can't remember if I had any symptoms the first time around. I don't think so...

Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday at 6dp5dt I broke down and POAS. Of course it was BFN :(
    Today I woke up at 2:30 am due to night sweats and chills. Tried to go back to sleep but no joy. I got up at 5:30 am because I felt I really had to take a shower. All that sweat was making me sweaty. I am at work right now and I am still sweating and have chills. Is this normal? Does PIO causes this? Of course I have not POAS today because I don't want to stress about BFN anymore. I'll probably take one on 8/27, the day of my blood test. Any insight on night sweat/hot flashes is appreciated :)
  • Options
    @binnie505 I have had a lot of night sweats. And day sweats. I feel that I am constantly hot. Which normally I am always cold. I'm sure it's from the progesterone. The chills on the other hand I don't know if that would be related. If u are experiencing this for the first time maybe ur coming down with something. Do you have a fever?
  • Options
    @MelenaZ I don't have a fever. I did call my doctor's office and the nurse told me that it's happening due to all the hormone shots. That my estrogen was quite high and I am taking PIO too. She said "it's really not normal but at the same time it is quite common so don't worry".
  • Options

@joyzie77 - thinking of you.  how did your ER go?

@krbjoy - I am so freaking excited for you!  congratulations!

I triggered last night and my ER is tomorrow morning.   I was a little disappointed about the number of follicles the technician saw last u/s... only 8.  But I'm hoping that there are some hiding in there : )   The dr. did warn me that I might have less because I didn't start with a birth control baseline before stims.    I just want 1 to transfer and 1 or 2 to freeze... please please please.

• Options
    @KareChristine thanks! I'm so excited for your retrieval! You'll do great! FX for some good eggie weggies. Keep us posted! And don't forget to get some rest after your ER. It took a lot outta me.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @KareChristine . The ER went well. They got 15 eggs. Tomorrow we will have a better of how many will be embryos. We are doing PGS testing so they will be tested and frozen until the transfer. I just woke up from a nap. I'm crampy and tired right now but overall pretty good. Thanks for asking about me. :) one step closer. Hope I end up with a few good ones!!!
  • Options
    so exciting! I start my injections tomorrow night after my baseline. I stopped drinking caffeine and alcohol a week ago. Treating my body like its pregnant...since that's the goal. (Though no wine at night to calm me is a challenge). Good luck everyone!!!
  • Options
    @Binnie505 how r u doing. I hope ur symptoms are better. Did you re decrease your hormones? I have been miserable. I have major constipation & abdominal distention I am going in to get checked today. Fx for ur beta today.
  • Options
    @MelenaZ yes my symptoms got better. I guess it was just hormone fluctuation. I just got back from the doctor's office. They'll call me after lunch. But I think I am out of luck this cycle. I tested the morning of 7dp5dt and again yesterday evening (8dp) it was all BFN. I don't think it's going to be miraculously BFP today. I am thinking I'll do the frozen cycle immediately this cycle without waiting the whole month. That is, if the doc gives me thumbs. I am guessing they'll just have to build up my lining and transfer the remaining two blastocysts.

I really hope you feel better and that u get ur BFP. All the best.
  • Options
     Because I'm new I don't know when to put a trigger warning or not!! So better to err on the side of caution. *TRIGGER WARNING* BFP mentioned.

@MelenaZ In response to your post a few days ago about constipation. OMG I have SO been there. That was my WORST symptom post ER. I swear I felt (and looked, a few friends even had the audacity to COMMENT, 6 months pregnant).  I extensively researched what to do, ended up waiting too long to do anything, and as a last resort used what they use for colonoscopy prep... it was less than ideal, but man did it work. I would start by taking Colace and possibly add Senakot if you aren't having any luck.  I tried that for a few days and no dice (along with everything else under the sun), so ended up going with the big dogs :-( The good news- if it hasn't already, it will happen and you will feel better after it does (it may take 24 hours to feel significantly better, but it happens pretty quickly).  I am continuing to take Colace 2x/day bc progesterone is known to cause constipation.  I also had to go back on Percocet bc of possible ovarian torsion/ possible hemorrhagic cysts bleeding into my ovary (lets hope the latter rather than the former) so am taking even more.  My doctor told me to take as much as I wanted of Colase (ok, not like the whole bottle, but he said I could get away with 3 2x/day. Worst case scenario is you end up with the opposite problem).  

@binnie505 Goodness I hope you're feeling better :-(  I've been getting uncomfortably hot and cold as well.  Could be hormones? Hormones are funny littler buggers.  Crossing my fingers for you.  Blood tests are more accurate than urine tests, but even if it ends up being negative this month, so hopeful that FET will work!! 

I had to go in at 6dp5dt for a bit of an emergency visit and again today (7dp5dt) for monitoring for possible ovarian torsion.  My doctor snuck in an early beta yesterday and told me today that it's positive (HCG- 44 at 6dp5dt, which I think is good?) which is really exciting, though of course I'm concerned that I may need surgery if I have an ovarian torsion which could be a huge risk to fetal development.  Choosing to be cautiously optimistic!!! Sending hopeful thoughts to everyone!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @happymonkeys . Have a happy and healthy 9 months.
    I am officially out this cycle. Now the next step will be to see the doctor and talk about how soon can we do the FET. If that works great. If not, I'll take couple months off to get my body back on track and then try again.
    All the best wishes to everyone. Hope you all get ur miracle soon. Cheers :):)
  • Options
    @happymonkeys .. I had my ER yesterday. Is that what I'm feeling today is constipation??? I feel awful. I know anesthesia can do that... Unless you guys are talking about other medications. I thought it was just the ER itself?
  • Options
    @joyzie77 I felt super super bloated the day after my ER as well, and I think it was a combination of constipation and the "normal" bloating feeling that happens after eggs retrieval.  From what I understand, after your ER, the follicles that were drained during the procedure fill with fluid.  Due to the hormones (the trigger and previous stimulation) your already enlarged ovaries fill with even more fluid, and that fluid can leak out into the surrounding areas. The combination of the fluid buildup and your enlarged ovaries also filled with fluid make you feel very bloated and uncomfortable.  If you add constipation on top of it, you now have your intestines expanding in that exact same area, which exacerbates everything!  The constipation alone isn't causing all bloating symptoms, but it certainly makes them far worse. The causes of the constipation are a combination of the anesthesia, any narcotics (like percocet) you take after, and the progesterone you take the following day (if doing a fresh cycle).  I didn't know to take Colace until it was far too late :-/  I will say I ended up feeling significantly better, in terms of bloating at least, (with the help of magnesium citrate, which I do not recommend unless its your absolute last resort) by 6 days after ER.  I hope you feel better soon!!!

@binnie505 I'm so sorry to hear that :-(  I've been there, multiple times.  It's really hard and disappointing. Sending you a virtual hug.  Hoping the FET can happen sooner rather than later and sending tons of happy lucky dust your way.  
  • Options
    Well I made it through my ER. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 were mature, and 4 fertilized. The number drops so quickly! I'm trying to stay positive. Transfer is scheduled for Tuesday am.
    Tonight was first PIO shot and DH had to work late. I asked my Mother to help and we watched the video and she did well.... Then afterward she said, "I didn't pass out!" : )
    The little things that make you smile.
  • Options
    @KareChristine That's awesome! Yeah, those numbers sure do drop quick. I was panicking over my counts every time they changed. FX for your BFP!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KareChristine . Glad you got some good fertilized eggs. I started with 15 and 9 were fertilized. I call Monday to see where they are at. Hoping for a BFP for you!!!! Do they put you under sedation for the transfer?
  • Options
    Thanks @krbjoy!

@Joyzie77 - no sedation for the transfer. You? I won't hear anything again until Monday either... I'm so nervous. Good luck on your transfer!!! Let us know how it goes!