June 2015 Moms

Anyone else hate every piece of clothing they own!?

so my DD is almost 7 weeks old and I have to look at her every time I get dressed so I don't totally flip out. So sick of maternity clothes and they look awful on anyways, ore pregnancy clothes don't fit and I don't want to buy new clothes especially since its almost the end of the summer.. How is everyone handling this? It seems every time we have somewhere to go I have a meltdown

Re: Anyone else hate every piece of clothing they own!?

• Yes! I'm having the same meltdowns! So frustrating. I've been trying to do my hair or wear nice jewelry if I go out.
  • I actually said to my husband today that I was two seconds away from pulling a Britney Spears because I was almost finished doing a fishtail braid in my hair and I realized there was a huge bump up at the beginning of the braid...TOXIC MELTDOWN hahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • @ksimo6 You are a smart woman! Sounds exactly like what I need to do!
  • hoodoll82 said:

I'm not that far from pp weight but I'm not getting back to it anytime soon - so I went out and bought some new clothes since I can't wear yoga pants to work. I feel better already!

I feel like the advice from What Not to Wear is always true: dress your body as it is and you will look and feel good. If I tried to squeeze into my old work clothes I'd just feel awkward.

I am starting an internship and I haven't even tried on my work pants. I'm not far from pre- pregnancy weight but you just reminded me that I need to try things on and make sure I have appropriate work clothes that fit. Yikes, that will be fun tmw.
  • I have just be living in stretchy pants and my maternity tops. My boobs are still way too big to fit into my regular tops and none of my regular pants really fit right yet. I don't go back to work until November so I have decided not to stress much about it yet. We haven't really gone anywhere yet where I felt like I needed to be cute. The first time that happens I know I will be a mess.
  • I just can't handle this gut I have...never really ever gained weight in my gut always my thighs or butt before pregnancy so I don't know what to do with am having a belly ugh all my clothes look terrible I think I need to just take the plunge and buy some clothes that hide a belly if I only I could stop snacking at night to keep me up then I wouldn't have this problem!! I feel your pain!!!
  • i was at my pp weight a week out. and honestly i have only 5 different articles of clothing i can wear. i hate the way i look anyways so i never buy new stuff, my dresser is full of stuff i bought cause i liked it, but im too self conscious to wear it or i bought it in hopes to slim down for it. clothes suck in general.
    but hey your clothes always fit when you dont wear any.
  • I went to the gap and bought 3 pairs of new pants and a couple dresses. It was more depressing knowing I can't fit into my pre pregnancy clothes than getting new ones. My hips and butt have 3 sizes to go before fitting into my old clothes but I just keep telling myself I'm 5 weeks pp. I think I'll end up getting rid of a lot of tops. My breasts got huge. I hope I can fit into work clothes by October or I'll have to do some major shopping!
  • Yes! 2 weeks til I go back to work and I have a feeling I'll be wearing saggy maternity pants.. Also have a wedding to go to next month and would love to avoid buying a new dress. I still have some (many) lbs to go but do not want to lose too fast as I feel that it affected my supply with DS1. Need some of these glorious "maternal far stores" to hang on for a bit
  • ksimo6 said:

I gave away all maternity clothes and just went through all of my regular clothes and got rid of four bags. I went out and spent about 300 bucks on clothes I feel good in and called it a day. I feel much better.

I did this exactly!
  • Ugh same boat. None of my pants fit (I'm still at least a full size bigger than I was pre baby) and the majority of my dresses zip in the back which won't allow me to pump easily. For fun yesterday morning I thought I'd try on the few dressed that zip/button in the front because I was depending on these as my only wardrobe for the next few weeks. Thank God I did! Zipped over my hips, butt, and stomach (yay) but can't even come close to coming together over my bust! I def underestimated how large I'd gotten! Unless i plan a significant career change (is Hooters hiring?) I'll be buying at least a few new things!!!
  • Thank goodness its summer because I have been living in dresses, skirts and rompers! All of my normal clothes fit except my pants just won't button. It's like I have this extra pouch of skin below my belly button that's keeping me from wearing normal pants… I have about 10 pounds to my pre-preg weight, but even then I was never happy at that weight… Just trying hard not to think about it and buy things that fit me for now to feel comfortable. So not excited to be wearing my work pants in a month.  :(
  • Well shopping for workout clothes was a bust. Pretty sure lululemon quit making anything that's not skin tight.
  • I didn't have to wear maternity clothes during pregnancy... My low rise jeans fit under my belly with a hair tie most of the time and I switched to skirts at the very end... Well now somehow the belly is sagging lower and my thighs have grown from less exercise and BFing munchies... My clothes don't fit now!!! I've been wearing the same 3 things for like 2 months... No one gets off easily apparently
  • I'm all for buying new clothes! I'll use any excuse to shop...

It sucks that my pre pregnancy clothes don't fit even though I'm at or near pre pregnancy weight. Since I'm breastfeeding I don't mind the extra cushion sometimes. I was sad that I had to buy new clothes though. I almost cried when I couldn't fit my (now former) baggy jeans but once I found stuff that was comfortable and fit right, I felt so much better.

I am however keeping my old clothes just in case. On a good day, seeing them in my closet gives me motivation to get healthy and fit.
  • Update..

The positive- I got some of my professional pants on and they fit ok through the legs and behind.

The negative- my stomach is like strangely shaped now and the pants are quite snug around the middle. I guess its just fat but I was always thinner in my torso and bigger in my legs so my gut seems really odd and uncomfortable now. A lovely roll that kind of wants to spill over my pants. Eh. Do regular women (not the super fit ones who work out like crazy), ever truly get back to pre-pregnancy shape (not just weight)?
  • I had a meltdown at the mall today. I wasn't going to buy clothes, but then had a leak through my shirt and was forced to buy a new shirt. Nothing fit right!! Any button-down shirt is a major no no. They fit until we get to the boobs and then I'm lucky if they button. If it buttons, there is a major gap. *sigh*
  • I lost some weight initially then I put a few kilos back on. I'm breastfeeding but it just makes me super hungry. I'm a size or two up from my prepregnancy weight but I'm just trying not to stress about it. I figure the weight will probably come off given some time but any major dieting right now will just make me miserable and might hurt my supply.

I do wish that I'd been more strategic when I bought maternity clothes. I got quite a few dresses which would still look cute now but I can't nurse in them so they're useless.
  • klkonwi said:

Is anyone else just giving up on losing more weight? I'm below prepreg weight by 2 lb but I look worse. I also am realistic that with all this time off I haven't made time to work out..... Will I really make time when I'm back at work !?
    Just a depressing thought.....

I feel exactly the same! I keep thinking once I'm back to work we'll be in this picture perfect routine with time to work out. Not sure what world I'm living in!!! It is depressing.
  • Just donated a huge garbage bag full of clothes I hate. I'm too cheap to buy a bunch of new stuff like some of you though. I will definitely buy one new pair of jeans and then my husband has offered me some Saturday mornings so I can dig through thrift shops.
  • mcknzzee said:

Update..

The positive- I got some of my professional pants on and they fit ok through the legs and behind.

The negative- my stomach is like strangely shaped now and the pants are quite snug around the middle. I guess its just fat but I was always thinner in my torso and bigger in my legs so my gut seems really odd and uncomfortable now. A lovely roll that kind of wants to spill over my pants. Eh. Do regular women (not the super fit ones who work out like crazy), ever truly get back to pre-pregnancy shape (not just weight)?

I'm wondering this same thing. I feel like I'm giving up...especially while breastfeeding.