April 2015 Moms
Options

How often does your baby poop?

I breastfeed my baby only and she poops anywhere between 7-10 days apart...is this normal? My dr just tells me to give her prune juice because she isn't cranky at all. And when she goes it's not hard it's soft.

Re: How often does your baby poop?

• Options
    Hmm I'm not sure what's normal. My dr says it varies a lot from baby to baby. My LO poos about every other day. She is also EBF. I've heard of a baby who didn't go for a month though!
  • Options
    Breastfed babies can go 10 days between poops without any concerns. Since its soft and your lo isn't cranky or seem in pain, I think your fine
    My lo is ebf and poops twice a day but once in a while skips a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told that the frequency they pee is very important and should be consistently several times a day, but that poops vary a great deal for each baby. It's more about what it "normal" for your baby and noticing changes in that pattern. That being said, 7-10 days seems a bit of a long stretch. But if your dr isn't concerned and your little one doesn't seem uncomfortable, then it should be okay.
  • Options
    our lo poops 3-4 times a day but sometimes goes 1-2 days without. when he was smaller he went w/o pooping for 5-10 days. there are lots of excercise videos on YouTube that help get the bowels moving. Kicking the legs and rubbing the tummy. :)