TTC After a Loss
Options

Having a Hard Time

nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
edited August 2015 in TTC After a Loss
So my EDD is in September and I'm already dreading it.  Let me rephrase - it is what would have been my EDD.   I'm dreading it.  I'm already crying like every day or every other day just thinking about it.  I am planning on taking the day off of work and my  husband was planning on doing that to so we could do something together to get through it.  And then this morning I was informed that my husband's work is making him go out of town on business that week and he can't get out of it.  So I'll be alone.  I can't go with him and I can't go stay at my parents because they live out of town  we have three dogs that would have to be boarded - that would cost more money than we can cough up at the moment.  Going to work that day is still not an option because I work from home so even if I did "go in" I'd still be in the same spot with no distractions from my thoughts.   I'm not really sure what to do.   On top of that according to my calendar and apps on my phone that is around the time of our fertile window as well.  I'm not sure how to deal with this emotionally.  I'm just dreading it, and now I'm dreading it even more.

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Having a Hard Time

• Options
    A hard time is an understatement for sure! Disappointing on so many levels. I'm so sorry. My first EDD is also coming up (September 7th - Labor Day ironically enough) and I understand all that makes this so hard for you. You are definitely in my thoughts.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    This is not much comfort but when I was first going through my miscarriage and just needed a distraction I read a bunch of crime/thriller/mystery novels. Reading takes up so much more of your brain space than watching TV does - it's not like you'll forget about what happened but it sort of helps with diverting you from dwelling on it at least a little? Also don't be afraid to take a sleeping pill if you need to at night (like for a day or two, not forever) - your emotions are so much more raw when you're not getting sleep.

Hope this helps a little bit <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!! That is horrible timing for your husband to be out of town. Do you have a close friend you could get together with? My first EDD was in march and it was rough. My second is coming up in November so i know how you feel. Thinking of you and hope you can find some peace in this difficult time.
  • Options
    Thanks ya'll.  I hope you all get through your EDDs as well. 
    It just sucks.  But I definitely will try the reading thing.  Good thing I love to read and I have a ton of books on my Kindle I still need to read.

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! My EDD is in November and we plan on having all of our family and friends over to do a balloon release! I'm sorry your husband has to be out of town but maybe you could have your family over and do something similar!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! My EDD was my birthday, aka the day after Christmas. Now that the summer is winding down and people are talking more and more about how the holidays will be here before you know it, I've been having a really hard time as well. I'm praying that I'm preggo before my bday!!
    I agree about seeing if there's a friend you can hang out with that day. Otherwise I would highly suggest a day to pamper yourself. Book a day at the spa, go get your hair done or go get a mani. Just something to love on yourself a bit and relax you.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I just found out yesterday that my hubby's business trip was canceled!  Hooray!  You have no idea how happy I am about that.  Now he will be able to be here with me that day.

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    So happy to hear!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, and i'm so sorry for your loss! I keep thinking about that too, I think its normal. I keep thinking I would have had a baby in February and then I would have had another due in April (I had two mc in a row). I think that that time of the year is just going to bed hard now.  
  • Options
    I am so sorry, and I think it is such a great idea to take the day off and have some time to yourself.