November 2015 Moms
Options

Coming home outfit :)

ok so I know we still a while but I am excited I have my babies coming home outfit already!! I like to have something "special" and cute and brand spanking new to bring my babies home in since I keep it as a keepsake item. I am usually searching everywhere for the right one and this time around found it right away and online to boot!

I got this outfit on Target online for sale along with big brother tshirts for my other 3 boys. I figure if for some reason it ends up being a girl I am safe with this outfit :)image

Re: Coming home outfit :)

• Options
    That's so cute!! Our little guys coming home outfit has ducks on it.. I bought it when we found out we were pregnant.. Its just a little sleeper with ducks on it..
  • Options
    That is soooo cute! I have no idea what I'm bringing baby home in but I've been looking for something similar to what you posted. Good find.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got this one for $9.00! And free shipping! There was a few different ones if I remember right.
  • Options
    I'm still working on picking something out, and I want to get my husband in on it even though he doesn't totally get the concept of why it's such an important outfit decision.

But my question is this, what size are y'all getting? I know some babies never fit into newborn, so if I have a big baby I don't want to have a NB size going home outfit to squeeze him into. But I also don't want him to be swimming in his outfit either. Is it completely crazy to buy whatever outfit I pick in both NB and 0-3?
  • Options
    @kmd91 I'm bring two outfits. I've got an up to 7lbs outfit (GAP) and newborn.
  • Options
    Bringing. I'm struggling tonight
  • Options
    With DD (team green) I bought a NB girlz NB boy and 0-3 gender neutral. Even though she was 9lbs 10oz we squeezed her into the NB girls outfit. I took it off of her the minute we got home and into a box it went but she wore a NB outfit even though she was huge.
  • Options
    That is super cute. I have a selection of white onesies to choose from, it could be the tiny baby white onesie (I wish!), the NB white onesie or the 0-3 white onesie (most likely) and they are all hand-me-downs from my nephew.
  • Options
    kmd91 said:

But my question is this, what size are y'all getting? I know some babies never fit into newborn, so if I have a big baby I don't want to have a NB size going home outfit to squeeze him into. But I also don't want him to be swimming in his outfit either. Is it completely crazy to buy whatever outfit I pick in both NB and 0-3?

Good thinking, I like the idea of the same outfit in two sizes. DS never fit in NB and I only brought a NB outfit to the hosipital. DH had to pick a 3 month outfit for DS to come home in, so he picked what was on top of the drawer (a one piece from the Gerber 3 pack). Honestly most babies will fit in NB, but it is good to be prepared.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A relative knit DD a sweater, hat and socks that I used as a going home outfit.  She just wore a plain white onesie under it because March in the south is hot.  It was huge on her and incredibly hot, but she wore it from the hospital bed to the car and the car into the house.  Once we got her into the house and took a couple of pictures to show to the relative it was off of her and into her memory box.

I'm going to wait to decide for sure until after my baby shower, but I'm thinking a requirement for an outfit this time will be a hat with little ears. 
    I have a mouse hat for my LO, with ears, a nose and tail. I got in GAP.
  • Options
    I had an adorable newborn koala baby outfit picked out when my DS was born annnnnd he was 9lb3oz.so far I've bought maybe a handful of newborn outfits. My dr told me that baby's weight will stem from what both parents weighed as a newborn. I was damn near 9lbs and DH was like freaking 11 lbs... Soooo like I said. We haven't bought barely any newborn clothes.
  • Options
    kmd91 said:

I'm still working on picking something out, and I want to get my husband in on it even though he doesn't totally get the concept of why it's such an important outfit decision.

For DD I expected a large child because DS was huge. She was tiny lol.. We needed newborn clothes. My mother bought a few nothing in my bag fit Now she is a huge baby. So this time I'm going in with with newborn and 0-3 to be on the safe side.

I say buy them both, baby will need the clothes either way. If Newborn is small return it.
  • Options
    I'm waiting to decide until after the baby shower to decide, in case we receive something handmade or really special. We plan on packing a newborn outfit and a 0-3 month outfit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So cute. I just ordered this one. $9 at target with free shipping this week on any order. Probably pair with a little hat sporting our college logo. It could be a game day for us too being born in November.
  • Options

I just realized that my LO could come on Halloween (I'm due Nov. 5th, so you never know). Maybe I should prepare a Halloween themed take home outfit just in case. Lol

I have a Halloween themed sleeper. It's a skeleton with bowtie. But if he doesn't come on Halloween I have no idea. It's gonna be that time where you never know what the weather is. At that time of year in ga it's either cold layer up or warm enough for t-shirt.
  • Options

I just realized that my LO could come on Halloween (I'm due Nov. 5th, so you never know). Maybe I should prepare a Halloween themed take home outfit just in case. Lol

I've thought this too! I'm due Nov 3rd, and both my previous boys have come early. There are some seriously cute Halloween outfits out there!
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Still on the hunt for mine.  She's due the same week as my birthday, hoping to find a cute onesie with a cupcake on it!  I might get a plain white one and paint or get an iron-on.
  • Options

I'm due Nov 1! Good idea! Etsy has tons of cute things for boys and girls
  • Options

I have the same due date and am secretly hoping the same (totally getting an Ewok costume)

• Options
    kmd91 said:

Buying two sizes isn't crazy at all. If they end up being small you'll use the bigger one eventually anyways! And if they are bigger you can always keep the tags on and take it back.
  • Options

I had an adorable newborn koala baby outfit picked out when my DS was born annnnnd he was 9lb3oz.so far I've bought maybe a handful of newborn outfits. My dr told me that baby's weight will stem from what both parents weighed as a newborn. I was damn near 9lbs and DH was like freaking 11 lbs... Soooo like I said. We haven't bought barely any newborn clothes.

Wait does your babies birthweight really potentially stem from the parents birth weight? I was only 4lbs 3oz... But I have no idea how much my babies father weighed at birth
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    edited August 2015
    DS was almost 10lbs so I plan on this boy being big as well. I bought a newborn and a 0 to 3 month it off of Etsy. They are both so cute!!
  • Options
    Wait does your babies birthweight really potentially stem from the parents birth weight? I was only 4lbs 3oz... But I have no idea how much my babies father weighed at birth
    A child's size is partially genetic since it's influenced by height and body type.  If mom and dad are both 6ft tall and 200lbs or more, it's unlikely you'll go home with a 5lb baby.  If mom and dad are both hoovering around 5ft and 120lbs you'll likely not end up with a 10lb baby. I'm 5' 3" and my ex was 6" 1'.  Our daughter was 5lb 8oz and 19" at birth exactly the same as I was when I was born.  Her growth has paralleled mine her entire life.  Most kids are going to naturally fall somewhere between their parents body type. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options

A child's size is partially genetic since it's influenced by height and body type.  If mom and dad are both 6ft tall and 200lbs or more, it's unlikely you'll go home with a 5lb baby.  If mom and dad are both hoovering around 5ft and 120lbs you'll likely not end up with a 10lb baby. I'm 5' 3" and my ex was 6" 1'.  Our daughter was 5lb 8oz and 19" at birth exactly the same as I was when I was born.  Her growth has paralleled mine her entire life.  Most kids are going to naturally fall somewhere between their parents body type. 

I agree with this. Although my boys were kinda odd compared to this line of thought. I was 5lbs 2oz DH was 9lbs 15oz. My first boy was 8lbs exactly and three weeks early. So if he had gone to 40weeks I'm sure he'd have been bigger. But my second was only 4days early and was 6lbs 13oz. I'm expecting this one to be between the two maybe..... Lol
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    jscasherjscasher member
    edited August 2015

-----------

My husband is 5'9" and 150 pounds. He was an 11 pounder. Juuusssttt saying. His parents were also both under 6 feet and on the slimmer side.

I think I was about 6 pounds and some odd ounces, and I'm 5'6". Dad was 5'11 and mom 5'3". Not saying your point is moot, but I'm terrified I'm going to have a strapping 11 pound boy lol
  • Options
    jscasher said:
    ----------- My husband is 5'9" and 150 pounds. He was an 11 pounder. Juuusssttt saying. His parents were also both under 6 feet and on the slimmer side. I think I was about 6 pounds and some odd ounces, and I'm 5'6". Dad was 5'11 and mom 5'3". Not saying your point is moot, but I'm terrified I'm going to have a strapping 11 pound boy lol
    Interestingly and just to add to this, my son's pediatrician said one of the more accurate indicators of a baby's size at birth is to look at the biological mother's size at birth more so than either biological parent's current build.  Not sure how true it is overall, but it was spot on in my case! I was 9lb at birth and so was DS.  I have a similar frame to the last known information on my biological mother (around 5'3" and 110lb).  
  • Options
    @BlondeMomma92 - didn't I read somewhere that you were a preemie twin? I wouldn't put too much faith in your birth weight being an accurate predictor of your own full term singleton if that's the case....