Pregnant after IF

Intro!

Hi, everyone! I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. We've been dealing with unexplained infertility since we got married four years ago, both of us from huge, traditional Roman Catholic families, so it's been frustrating and heartbreaking, and every wedding, reunion and even funeral is a series of intrusive questions about why we don't yet have children. We underwent several failed rounds of medicated IUI before trying IVF with PGD testing. As of today, I'm 5 weeks 6 days pregnant with a boy. We did an early first post-ET ultrasound today, and even though we weren't expecting to detect a heartbeat, we did!!! It was a teeny, flickering heartbeat, but it was easily visible. It's very early, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Next ultrasound is in a week. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if everything continues to go well I can hardly believe we conceived on our very first round of IVF. I know it's not uncommon, but I was mentally prepared for a long, long, tortured journey. I'm very hopeful this little guy stays strong and keeps growing. How do a of you dealing with the uncertainty? I feel like I'm going to be a nervous wreck until the end of this first trimester. It's taking forever!!!! Lol. I wish I could just enjoy being pregnant, but infertility makes you so accustomed to disappointments, I guess. Anyway, fingers crossed! I'm glad to finally be here.

Re: Intro!

• Congrats and welcome. Hope you have a h&h 9 months! Just take one day at a time. That's all you can do to deal with the anxiety.
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Hello and welcome to the group! I understand your anxiety completely. I had several miscarriages and am very nervous about my current pregnancy BUT I keep trying to stay focused on the fact that my little bean is also PGS tested like yours which puts us miles ahead.

I think I'll feel better once we get out of the first trimester. :)

Very excited about your heartbeat. When is your next appointment?

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome! My profile pic is my mantra: Today I am pregnant, and that is amazing. I wrote it on a post-it and stuck it in my phone case. Whenever I get too much with the crazy, I look at it, or my husband says it to me. Other than that...it's all about having faith and coming here to vent and calling your doc as frequently as you need to if anything comes up. Wishing you a happy, healthy, and completely uneventful 9 months.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Congrats that is awesome! I am 6w1d today and I feel the same emotions you do.  I keep saying I cant wait to get out of the first trimester so i can stop worrying. I asked my nurse when will i stop worrying and she told me never because we will always worry about our children.  That helped a little but I am so nervous that something bad is going to happen and i try to get rid of those thoughts because i dont think they will help.  @marnief I love that quote very inspirational.  I am wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.  Everytime I get nervous I say to myself calm down and think about holding my baby in 9 months and it helps to calm me down.  Best wishes :)
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kcbarbo78 I feel the same especially since IVF worked for us on our first round too and I as well was mentally prepared for a long journey. What helps me is my baby scrape book. It keeps me in a positive state of mind and it lets me enjoy being pregnant. Yes I still worry but my sister said the same thing @MKLEWIS2010 nurse did which was you'll never stop worrying
  • Thanks so much for all your lovely words. My next ultrasound is on Wednesday, a very loooooong week after my first! Trying to stay positive and hoping for the best. I think I'm calming down a little :) Congratulations to all of you ladies. Wishing you the best!!!!!