3rd Trimester
Options

work after delivery

I'm 35 weeks pregnant now and can't get going back to work off my mind. I work long days and I'm so nervous my baby won't know me. I'm sure other people feel the same way. Does any one have some good tips?

Re: work after delivery

• Options
    Im 36 weeks pregnant and run my own business, so I don't get mat leave and neither does my husband :( so I will be going back to work by November at the latest. I've had this thought run through my mind as well, the thought of going back to work in a short amount of time scares me. I want to be able to give our child all my attention and to still breast feed so here's to hoping this little one is pretty adaptable and won't mind taking a bottle and being breast fed at the same time. I'm sure they will always know who we are :)
  • Options

All I can say is that after having 2 kids and working full time after having both of them, they will NOT forget you.

I understand your worry and I stressed the same thing but no matter what happens, you have a bond with your children that no one else, not even dad, will have with those kids.

TRY not to stress over something that is still far away. Lots can change between now and then.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They'll know their mother if she works or stays home.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I went back to work after a month with my first! She knows me very well still!! Here we are over 2 years later and I'm pregnant with #2 and I'm contemplating coming in part time after 2 weeks and then at 4 weeks go back full time to work myself back in because going from home all day with her to work was harder than I thought it would be!!

What ever choice you make is what will work best for you and your situation!!