TTC After a Loss

Ectopic and now blighted ovum Back to back

hello everyone
I'm new to this board. I was diagnosed with an ectopic in jan 2015. And had the mexthorexate injection. Within 2 weeks my hcg levels were at 0. Got AF 6 weeks later. We decided to wait to ttc. In May i thought it was time to try again. In June I got a BFP. My hcg levels were being monitored they started low 32 but were doubling. Doc thought is was a normal pregnancy until we went for an ultrasound. It showed an empty sac no fetal pole no yolk sac no fetus. We were devasted. I had another ultrasound 1 week later still nothing. I needed another opinion as I heard ppl were misdiagnosed. I was praying For a miracle. Unfortunately there was no change. I'm waiting to miscarry after taking Methotrexate pills. It's been day 2 still nothing. I'm so scared to try again. I am almost 38 and DH is 28. Any advice on ppl who had successful pregnancies after ectopic and blighted ovum back to back.

Re: Ectopic and now blighted ovum Back to back

• carrieandrcarrieandr member
    edited August 2015
    I'm so sorry to hear it.  I have two cousins that had two miscarriages and an aunt that had three, and all of them went on to have healthy babies.

I'm 37, too, and miscarried my first pregnancy in March.  I hope we both have better luck soon.

Take care of yourself.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I'm sorry for your loss just have faith and hope. Good luck to u also.
    Take care
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your losses - it's totally understandable for you to be afraid to try again when you've been on the wrong side of luck twice in a row. I'm in a similar boat as you - blighted ovum in January, missed miscarriage in July - and for the first few weeks I was adamant I needed to take a break but now I am ready to give it another go - although we are taking a break to do some testing. Try to be patient with yourself and listen to your instincts - when you are ready to try again you'll know and you might still be nervous but the risk of potential heartbreak will be less than the reward of possible success.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏