February 2015 Moms
Options

Baby foods

my mother in law keeps bothering me about making my own baby food. I buy organic jar foods because I don't have literally any time to do this as I work full time and by the time I get home I have to take care of my five month old then start laundry, bottles, bath time etc. is there a real difference between jar and making your own food??

Re: Baby foods

• Options
    I can't tell you if there's really a difference but with my 1st DD I gave her organic jar foods (Earth's Best) and she turned out fine.  No allergies, good appetite, and generally a good eater.  I'll probably do the same with DS since I'm in the same boat with you. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There's a major difference in jar food versus homemade. You have no clue what is going into your jar food, be it organic or not! There is always recalls on baby food for glass being in the food. There's always chemicals and other stuff we don't know about that go into the food. Do some research. I bought a machine that steams and purées my sons food. It's purely the veggie or fruit and some water. Nothing else and I know exactly what is in it.